Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

senseibiz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 8, 2002
Las Vegas
every time I try to sync my apple tv with my powermac I get this error message. its getting really annoying. then I check apple TV and it working correctly, I go apple store on it and works fine.
any ideas why this is happening.
Thanks,
Sensei

Attachments

• screenshot_01.jpg
    screenshot_01.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 62

geoffreak

macrumors 68020
Feb 8, 2008
One or more videos (63 in your case) you are trying to sync to the Apple TV aren't encoded in the correct profile. They will need to be re-encoded in order to sync. The ATV is also only capable of 720p max resolution.
Click the arrow to see which items cause the problem.

macuser154

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2009
UK
Your Mac is saying that it can't contact the iTunes Store to make sure that you are allowed to use the videos you have paid for. I can't really figure out why though.

dmm219

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2008
Yes. See the "is iTunes deleting DRM content from my ATV" thread below. This has been on on going issue for the past 3-4 months now. A lot of people are having this issue. Your set up in probably fine...

kadeschs

macrumors regular
May 4, 2009
Glad I get all of my library content from other places other than iTunes Store. Sounds like too much of a hassle to me. I think I'll continue to stay clear of the store until I'm sure that adding (and keeping) new content is easy. Thanks for the info.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.