Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

duckkg5

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Charleston, SC
From Rose's Twitter:

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    187.3 KB · Views: 513

uberamd

macrumors 68030
May 26, 2009
Minnesota
I don't care what he thinks, his rumors hold no more credibility with me than the ones that I stumble across anywhere else.

SkeffMBP

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2008
Who cares what Kevin Rose "predicts" will happen? :confused:

Because he's been correct in the past (and also very, very off base). Wonder why he's posting it... he's discussed his opinion on "leaks" in the past and how companies will do it on purpose for free press - is he participating in this or is it a true leak?

derek1984

macrumors 6502a
Nov 5, 2008
Whatever happens, I expect a major cosmetic change with the iPhone next year. And all of those people complaining this year about not being able to upgrade will be the fortunate one's next year to be eligible for it. It all balances out.

Tubink

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2009
Reading, PA
1) I call the iPhone "unibody" enough as it is.

2) Plastic backs were made to increase reception; aluminum would be a step BACKWARD.

otis123

macrumors 6502a
May 4, 2006
unless apple has made their own special magic metal which lets radio waves pass through it (applelunium?) this will never happen, Kevin Rose has got 1 rumor! (new nanos) he is not king of apple rumors like everyone thinks he is.

adammull

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2009
Just a new case would make people buy one. I, for one, even though I am getting a 3GS am kind of upset it still looks the same. And I really want some icon updates, they look tired.

JohnnyQuest

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2006
I actually prefer the plastic back. It's "grippier" to me, and I think that the scratches on it look better than on a metal back. I'll stick with the 3G S, thanks.

niuniu

macrumors 68020
I'd also expect a big cosmetic iPhone push next year, at least by Q4 2010. Unibody though... sounds like the first gen iPhone but without that strip on the back. Might look like a bit retro :D

Lets have some coloured iPhones, pink for me, so people know how much of a man I am.

Chris Welch

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2007
New York
If they can figure out a way to go back to aluminum and keep the signals strong, I hope they do it.

The build quality felt infinitely better than the 3G.

Not to mention that it would also be much more in line with their environmental goals.

cellocello

macrumors 68000
Jul 31, 2008
Toronto, ON
Hasn't he only been really right about stuff like once or twice? With everything else being semi-obvious guesses that half of the internet was already making?

AHDuke99

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2002
Charleston, SC
I don't know if I'd like an aluminum phone myself. Image the reception problems it would have if it was made entirely out of aluminum!

The General

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2006
unless apple has made their own special magic metal which lets radio waves pass through it (applelunium?) this will never happen, Kevin Rose has got 1 rumor! (new nanos) he is not king of apple rumors like everyone thinks he is.

They could use a metal body as an antenna as long as they use something conductive or whatever. Not aluminium.

uberamd

macrumors 68030
May 26, 2009
Minnesota
I do think that next year's phone will be a BIG STEP FORWARD in terms of DESIGN and POWER.

I love when people think things without any evidence. How many people were 150% convinced we would get a front facing phone? Yeah, they went back into the woodwork.

duckkg5

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Charleston, SC
I don't know if I'd like an aluminum phone myself. Image the reception problems it would have if it was made entirely out of aluminum!

I noticed a big improvement from the 1st gen iphone to 3g in terms of reception. I bet it's got to do as much with improved hardware as it does the plastic case.

(p.s. go deacs!)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.