Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

salaccc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
Hi, recently i wanted to upgrade my Imac 24`, os x ´to 10.5.7. At the very end I`v got the empty screen (light blue) with only the pointer for a rather long time. I tried with manual restart and got the message: Debugger cancelled (panic) .... Kernel trap at 0x00000000, type 14 = page... error code 0x000000010.
It asks to restart the comp and after the restart the same message comes again. I tried with inserting the original os x DVD (iv got with the imac) but it wont start the reinstallation. ´

I disconnected the power cord for 2 min. still nothing.

Basically, i can not do a thing.

Is there any possibility to reinstall the os x from the beginning.

playing4square

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2009
i had the same problem!

Hi, salaccc,

Was your problem ever solved? I ran into this problem today... Not sure what I'm suppose to do in terms of accessing my computer and possibly saving my data. :confused:

doctoree

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2008
Secret lair/ Earthmiddlepoint
I experienced this on a Mac mini and thought it was funny to see a blue screen on a Mac. I waited a couple of hours and it finally left the blue screen and started the OS. So please be very very patient.
Doc

playing4square

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2009
10.5.7 combo update also killed my computer.

Actually, my download failed, but a restart prompt appeared, so I clicked 'restart.' Unfortunately, when the computer turned back on I received the same message as salacc:

Debugger cancelled (panic) .... Kernel trap at 0x00000000, type 14 = page... error code 0x000000010

I also tried to put in the os installation DVD, but the computer doesn't do anything. How do I fix my computer?

Also like salacc, I have a 24'' mac from 2006.

LTX

macrumors regular
Dec 25, 2008
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Actually, my download failed, but a restart prompt appeared, so I clicked 'restart.' Unfortunately, when the computer turned back on I received the same message as salacc:

Debugger cancelled (panic) .... Kernel trap at 0x00000000, type 14 = page... error code 0x000000010

I also tried to put in the os installation DVD, but the computer doesn't do anything. How do I fix my computer?

Also like salacc, I have a 24'' mac from 2006.

Does it boot from the DVD? Turn the computer on, with the DVD in, while holding the C key until it starts loading from the DVD. If you need any data backed up, you'll need to put the hard drive in another computer and copy the files you need (or I believe you can use Disk Utility on the install DVD to clone the internal drive to an external USB hard drive, but be advised that this completely wipes the destination partition).

playing4square

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2009
Computer still dead

Thanks for responding LTX. I attempted to archive and install, but the process failed... I ran Disk Utility to see if a repair could be done, but there was a node failure that couldn't be fixed.

mackmgg

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2007
Thanks for responding LTX. I attempted to archive and install, but the process failed... I ran Disk Utility to see if a repair could be done, but there was a node failure that couldn't be fixed.

Node failure is hardware, and you will probably need a new hard drive

MWPULSE

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2008
London
it might be that the entire OS is corrupted, because you terminated the installation. So your probably gonna have to either wipe the drive (using disk utility) (DONT do an archive and install) or take the drive out and do some utility checks on it.

Good luck with that

PTP

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.