Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

drizahy4

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 23, 2002
Security Update 2004-05-24 delivers a number of security enhancements and is recommended for all Macintosh users. This update includes the following components:

HelpViewer

Sweet looks like they fixed it. DLing now.

Clean install, no restarted need, restarted anyway still going good, and tested the Help Security flaw.

Have to say Apple came back quick for this one. Thank you apple.
For reading purposes you can look at this site on
yahoo about it.

drizahy4

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 23, 2002
Its posted only though software update for now. Looks like Apple is gonna post it on there site on the 25th thats all i can see it being.

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
drizahy4 said:
Its posted only though software update for now. Looks like Apple is gonna post it on there site on the 25th thats all i can see it being.

Maybe so, but I've never seen a security update that wasn't dated the exact date it was first released. I think I'll wait.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
dopefiend said:
And yall said my trojan wouldn't work :cool:
What do you expect when you start advertising the Trojan with the jelly that heat up with use.

Sort of an odd TV commercial.
Security Update 2004-05-24 (10.2.8)

About Security Update 2004-05-24
Security Update 2004-05-24 delivers a number of security enhancements and is recommended for all Macintosh users. This update includes the following components:

Help Viewer

Terminal

Sparky's

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2004
Well, after reading all the above I went back to "Software Update" and realized I missed the 2003-5-03 update as well, so downloaded and installed both… both… both… (just kiding) all is well...

NOT!! I can't select a Happy Face, seriously..... tried to select the green one with the big teeth and nothing happens!!

I can't select any of the smilies :>(

This sucks

>Safari 1.0.2 what gives???

gonna try the other 3 browsers I have (Omniweb, FireFox, and Camino)
See ya in a moment.

zach007

macrumors member
Apr 29, 2004
Arkansas
Sparky's said:
Well, after reading all the above I went back to "Software Update" and realized I missed the 2003-5-03 update as well, so downloaded and installed both… both… both… (just kiding) all is well...

NOT!! I can't select a Happy Face, seriously..... tried to select the green one with the big teeth and nothing happens!!

I can't select any of the smilies :>(

This sucks

>Safari 1.0.2 what gives???

gonna try the other 3 browsers I have (Omniweb, FireFox, and Camino)
See ya in a moment.

I was just trying to make a post and it wouldnt let me put that green one with the big teeth where i wanted it either. So i just put it at the end...

Sparky's

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2004
This reply coming via FireFox :D

Smilie works fine!! :) :rolleyes: :cool:

OmniWeb and Camino next.
Don't like FireFox=no spellcheck

OK this edit is in OmniWeb.... no smilies :>(

back with Camino....

Interesting first time in Camino and I get an error trying to read bookmarks... anyway ;) :confused: smilies working fine... :confused:
Confused indeed. Safari & OmniWeb = no smilies, FireFox & Camino = Smilies
I would want to know what that damn security update did to the browsers ability to perform corectly :mad:

Sparky's

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2004
You didn't misread, at the time the post were made I could not select any smilies :confused: but then after launching and quiting out of several applications and coming back to Safari.... :D
all is well.... go figure.. :rolleyes:

cb911

macrumors 601
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
oh creepy. that's an update released like 3 days before it's date. i'm freaked out about it now.

dopefiend, what are you talking about your trojan? :confused: should i be worried?

blue&whiteman

macrumors 65816
Nov 30, 2003
um.. this update is strait from apple over apples os..

if you have paranoia over this then you should seek therapy :p

also, someone would have to hack apples server directly for us all to see it. the update is posted on trusted sites also like Accelerate Your Mac

flyfish29

macrumors 68020
Feb 4, 2003
New HAMpshire
Sparky's said:
You didn't misread, at the time the post were made I could not select any smilies :confused: but then after launching and quiting out of several applications and coming back to Safari.... :D
all is well.... go figure.. :rolleyes:

weird because I had a problem with smiles not working right...and I haven't updated with security. :confused:

NOw they work though. I think I had problems with them last night sometime.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.