Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacModMachine

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 3, 2009
Canada
i was complaining about how its not a big issue....

snap crackle pop....my magsafe went up

Attachments

• IMG_0132.jpg
    IMG_0132.jpg
    357.2 KB · Views: 280

vgame64

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2005
Oy, I just ordered a new Macbook Pro 13" on Saturday night. I think I will get the additional AppleCare after seeing that.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Same thing I was thinking because honestly I was a bit shocked Apple blamed users in the first place. Now the new unibodies less than a year out on many machines and they're doing this?

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Oy, I just ordered a new Macbook Pro 13" on Saturday night. I think I will get the additional AppleCare after seeing that.
AC or not this should be fully covered. I'd fight tooth and nail if my 1 year AC was out and this happened.

silvrbullet

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2009
Have you tried to call Apple about the problem? I just bought my first Mac and I dont want it to catch my apartment on fire...

MacModMachine

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 3, 2009
Canada
Have you tried to call Apple about the problem? I just bought my first Mac and I dont want it to catch my apartment on fire...

yep...i was all over them like stink on a dog....

not sure whats going on.....there leaving me in the dark...but i talked to an engineer...he took photos and asked if i minded if anyone came to my house.

so im not sure...it torched my desk...about a 2 inch spot. dident realize it happened i was not near it...but i smelled it quite quickly...now when i get home i gotta get them pics of the desk.

:|

uberamd

macrumors 68030
May 26, 2009
Minnesota

First of all don't think for a second this is a widespread problem. People get in car accidents daily, but are you afraid to drive? Don't let this scare you, its not happening to any sized percentage of users.

iLog.Genius

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
I dont think there is any question about Apple covering it. Has anyone with the 'flaming power adapter issue' gotten anything but an immediate replacement from Apple?

I would hope Apple would be replacing them. Not only would it suck if you were to lose out on a $2000 computer but is a potential safety hazard - imagine if no one was around when it happened! :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.