Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ltldrummerboy

macrumors 68000
Oct 15, 2007
This is starting to scare me. I'm going to make sure my computer is in a room with someone whenever it's charging.

NovemberWhiskey

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2009
This is starting to scare me. I'm going to make sure my computer is in a room with someone whenever it's charging.

Be sure to get this option:

fire_extinguisher_2.jpg

spaceboots06

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2009
The Rotten Apple
SH*T man! That rig is expensive! The starting bid I made on that kid with the barbie car on ebay is $200. And she carries a lifetime warranty. You just need to feed her and clothe her.

jdaco6

macrumors regular
Nov 19, 2007
Am I right in thinking the OP has had no official response about this issue? It's just they seem to be unwilling to communicate with me about what is going on about my similar issue. Wonder what is going on at Apple?

MacModMachine

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 3, 2009
Canada
Am I right in thinking the OP has had no official response about this issue? It's just they seem to be unwilling to communicate with me about what is going on about my similar issue. Wonder what is going on at Apple?

actually no, i have had some response after getting in contact with the engineering employee on my case.

they have agreed to replace my desk , ups and notebook with a upgraded spec of my choice.

i have agreed to send them this notebook and my ups for investigation.

they wanted to send this away and for me to wait, i was like no thanks ill go to my insurance company and let them deal with you....they changed there tone :p

baddj

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2009
WTF I do not fill safe putting my Macbook on the charge. is this for the macbook pro or macbook? Whats the best why to stop this from happening as right now i do not fill like my mac burning up or my house in that matter.

jdaco6

macrumors regular
Nov 19, 2007
actually no, i have had some response after getting in contact with the engineering employee on my case.

they have agreed to replace my desk , ups and notebook with a upgraded spec of my choice.

i have agreed to send them this notebook and my ups for investigation.

they wanted to send this away and for me to wait, i was like no thanks ill go to my insurance company and let them deal with you....they changed there tone :p

That is very impressive. Wonder if my guy will ever get back to me, I haven't even been passed onto hardware yet, the guy is still waiting for a response from them!

MacModMachine

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 3, 2009
Canada
That is very impressive. Wonder if my guy will ever get back to me, I haven't even been passed onto hardware yet, the guy is still waiting for a response from them!

call them and raise a stink about it, they should replace anything you have damaged ASAP,

do not let them take there time, its a dangerous problem and it needs to be treated like a dangerous case.

jdaco6

macrumors regular
Nov 19, 2007
call them and raise a stink about it, they should replace anything you have damaged ASAP,

do not let them take there time, its a dangerous problem and it needs to be treated like a dangerous case.

Ive tried they all say 'awaiting response from Hardware'. Would be nice if there was a direct line to the person at top (not the steve email, something else)

I'll just see what happens.

harcosparky

macrumors 68020
Jan 14, 2008
Ive tried they all say 'awaiting response from Hardware'. Would be nice if there was a direct line to the person at top (not the steve email, something else)

I'll just see what happens.

Have you tried the " steve email "?

You might get a Contact Number with one of those, but CC the email to other department bosses as well. Support/CSR and all you can find.

jdaco6

macrumors regular
Nov 19, 2007
Have you tried the " steve email "?

You might get a Contact Number with one of those, but CC the email to other department bosses as well. Support/CSR and all you can find.

Emailed the 'Steve Email' yesterday, still nothing through but i'll wait and see.

acurafan

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2008
i own 2 also, doing the same thing....

also i pull it out with the hard plastic...i am very carful with my stuff.
i too, own 2 adapters and 2 batteries...there is no safe haven - batteries explode, magsafe burns down the house...apple's hardware scares me!!

fankly, this really scares me, i actually unplug ALL my apple adapters when i leave my house.

harcosparky

macrumors 68020
Jan 14, 2008
fankly, this really scares me, i actually unplug ALL my apple adapters when i leave my house.

We leave no adapters powered up at all. Every wall charger/adapter no matter what it is for is plugged into a power strip which is turned off when not in use.

I have had three Wall Chargers overheat and melt down when they were plugged into the wall and NOT connected to the device.

They were ....

1) HP Printer Power Adapter
2) Nokia Phone Charger
3) Dell Notebook Power Adapter

I have never had a problem with any Apple Adapter to date, though I am careful in their use. My son had to replace one iBook power adapter, but its failure was due to ABUSE.

jdaco6

macrumors regular
Nov 19, 2007
15" bto , 3.06 / 128 ssd / 4gb ram

or

17" bto , 3.06 / 128ssd / 4gb ram / AG

Very nice, still can't believe they are letting you choose what one you get you could spec the hell out of it, 8GB Ram 256 SSD etc.

Doubt I'll get the same service all I really want is a working machine and to ensure that this ever happens again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.