Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joseph_68

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 8, 2004
I just got my new 1.33 GHz, 15" PB (with the 5400 RPM drive option). It has been working fine, but today it refused to recognize the power adapter was plugged in. I made sure that the plug was "live" and all that. The adapter's "ring" would not light up. I reset the PB power manager, still no luck. Finally I took the adapter to a friend's house and it worked on his Mac. In almost total dispair, I came back to my home office, plugged it into my PB and then it worked!??? Has anyone got a clue as to what is up? Might it be the adapter has a short or a problem with my new Mac that I should be concerned about? Any input would be much appreciated! :confused:

invaLPsion

macrumors 65816
Jan 2, 2004
The Northlands
joseph_68 said:
I just got my new 1.33 GHz, 15" PB (with the 5400 RPM drive option). It has been working fine, but today it refused to recognize the power adapter was plugged in. I made sure that the plug was "live" and all that. The adapter's "ring" would not light up. I reset the PB power manager, still no luck. Finally I took the adapter to a friend's house and it worked on his Mac. In almost total dispair, I came back to my home office, plugged it into my PB and then it worked!??? Has anyone got a clue as to what is up? Might it be the adapter has a short or a problem with my new Mac that I should be concerned about? Any input would be much appreciated! :confused:

I've experienced this as well. In addition, when the powerbook is plugged in the battery goes down 1% every few days, so I have to unplug it and recharge it to 99%.

joseph_68

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 8, 2004
Teronke,

Thank you so much for the info. I feel much better now. I didn't want to worry that my logic board is bad!

:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.