Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fdot

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 2, 2008
So im just wondering, whats evryones favorite ringtone and where they got them etc...right now, i use this one..
Ringtone

but i usually make custom ones, like the sound when the yankees score a run... big ben bells or something like that...another good one is thisr2d2 one

also this website is pretty good... check it out
audiko.net

where else do u get free tones, besides making them

WannaApple?

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2008
For personal calls, I used the Tmobile jingle from the phone in The Devil Wears Prada. For client or business calls, I used Trill right now. I want to find a better business ringtone though.

ukdy

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2009
So im just wondering, whats evryones favorite ringtone and where they got them etc...right now, i use this one..
Ringtone

but i usually make custom ones, like the sound when the yankees score a run... big ben bells or something like that...another good one is thisr2d2 one

also this website is pretty good... check it out
audiko.net

where else do u get free tones, besides making them

You know that ringtone is from Crank... not the Matrix?

I have that on my iPhone too!! - love it

Synthetickiller

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2009
A fan dub of Vegeta from Dragonball Z singing "Rock you like a hurricane!" and a remixed version ofa streets of rage 2 song. :D

Phil A.

Moderator emeritus
Apr 2, 2006
Shropshire, UK
Wirelessly posted (iPod touch 32GB: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

I've used "old phone" since I got my gen iPhone and continue to use it to this day (yeah, pretty boring!)

iHateMacs

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2008
Coventry, UK
Belinda Carlisle for unknown people and then Yello, The River Boat Song (intro) and the Tetris tune for peoplI know. :)

Trouble is, I like the Belinda Carlisle one so much I hate to answer the phone because it stops.

zephead

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2006
in your pants
Let's see... the custom ringtones I still have on my iPhone are:

- The beginning of "Cliffs of Dover" by Eric Johnson
- The fast solo of "One" by Metallica
- The guitar "chorus" (or whatever) of "Sweet Emotion" by Aerosmith
- The beginning of "Touch Me" by The Doors
- The outro of "Way Down the Line" by The Offspring

I've been meaning to make a new ringtone, buuut I just haven't gotten around to it yet. So for right now, I'm just using "Ascending".

Etnies419

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2008
Suicide Silence - No Pity For A Coward
Between the Buried and Me - Ants of the Sky
Between the Buried and Me - Aspirations
Between the Buried and Me - Selkies: The Endless Obsession
Between the Buried and Me - Sun of Nothing
Alestorm - Over the Seas
Behemoth - Conquer All
Cannibal Corpse - Evisceration Plague

I switch back and forth between those. I'm too lazy to set up different ringtones for each contact.

The one apple uses in their commercial. Simple & not too annoying

That makes two of us, I also use Orba Squara for my ringtone, I alternate between the beginning and the last 30 seconds before he starts to sing, as my ringtone... not alot of people get that, I think its awesome:)

I also use Star Wars "Imperial March" a.k.a. Darth Vaders Theme as my wifes ringtone, now that gets a laugh!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.