Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jbrucato

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2008
Ebony Jam by Tower of Power. I have many assigned to different people, but that's my default.

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
I have a phone ringer I've used for years. Found it in an online sound effect archive and fixed it up a bit, extended it to 20 secs. It's a really basic telephone ringer, but it seems to be the only thing that will be guaranteed to get my attention.

Sadly, it also seems to be a very popular sound for use in TV commercials. Hardly a week goes by when I don't reach for my phone only to find that it was my TV ringing.

Attachments

• AT&T Ringtone.m4r.zip
    212.7 KB · Views: 141

Rodimus Prime

macrumors G4
Oct 9, 2006
I have a phone ringer I've used for years. Found it in an online sound effect archive and fixed it up a bit, extended it to 20 secs. It's a really basic telephone ringer, but it seems to be the only thing that will be guaranteed to get my attention.

Sadly, it also seems to be a very popular sound for use in TV commercials. Hardly a week goes by when I don't reach for my phone only to find that it was my TV ringing.

And that is why my ring tone for my phone is from pulled from a Song most of the world has never heard of and yet it not something sounds unprofessional. I never have to react to some sound going off on the TV or some one else ringtone nor do I ever have to scramble to get to my phone because I am embarrassed by the ring tone.

My ring tone is pulled from the song called "Beyond The Minds of Eyes". It is just an eletrical guitar playing a very nice medley but it cuts threw the background noise really well so I always am able to hear it. It has been my ring tone now for almost 4 years.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.