Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jul 6, 2009, 05:21 AM   #1
cuzzin
macrumors newbie

Sync iPhone and Outlook calendar without installing software?

Hi Guys,

I've been racking my brain on how to go about this for the past few days and am stuck for ideas.

Basically what i'd like to do is sync my Outlook calendar with my iPhone as i'm constantly organising/accepting meetings on Outlook at work. Now from my research this can prove to be difficult but luckily I have a gmail account, so am planning on using the Google Sync as the middle man.

Here is where the tricky bit lies, as i'm constantly in and out the office, I don't have a dedicated computer and therefore cannot install the google sync software on the PC side of things (seems stupid to install it on all computers for one person, plus IT won't allow it)

So what I was hoping was for some kind of app/process/setting in outlook to 'push' the calendar to my google account, or somehow have google pull the information from my outlook account.

Is this at all possible?

If not possible via gmail sync, is there any other option (besides mobileme) that could help? Even if it means making a new user account for some other service (preferably without a monthly bill as I have plenty waiting for me already..)

Thanks for your help!
cuzzin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2009, 07:53 AM   #2
Ward
macrumors newbie

You can integrate Google Calendar into your iPhone with CalDAV:

http://www.google.com/support/mobile...&answer=151674

And AFAIK, Outlook supports iCal which is another method Google Calendar also supports.

No software or iTunes needed.
Ward is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting