Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Product Recommendations/Reviews

Old Jun 20, 2004, 07:13 PM   #1
JzzTrump22
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to JzzTrump22
Backpack for Powerbook

I'm trying to find a decent backpack to carry my 15" powebook in. All i can find are $100 backpacks. There has to be something a little more resonably priced that is decent. I'm looking at the $40 range. Any suggestions. I did find one or two but don't know anything about them. The Targus Pulse seems to be resonable. Anyone have any suggestions?
JzzTrump22 is offline   0
Old Jun 20, 2004, 07:38 PM   #2
KingSleaze
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by JzzTrump22
I'm trying to find a decent backpack to carry my 15" powebook in. All i can find are $100 backpacks. There has to be something a little more resonably priced that is decent. I'm looking at the $40 range. Any suggestions. I did find one or two but don't know anything about them. The Targus Pulse seems to be resonable. Anyone have any suggestions?
This is a case of you get what you pay for. The higher priced backpacks will have more protection from physical damage. I personally got the Brenthaven briefcase.
KingSleaze is offline   0
Old Jun 20, 2004, 07:57 PM   #3
mattroberts
macrumors regular

I have a crumpler.

http://www.crumplerusa.com/products/backpacks.html

It is by far the best built bag I've ever seen. However I have no experience with their backpacks. and I think the prices are a bit more than your interested in. But in my case any damage to my PB would be devastating and since i loose applecare soon VERY expensive. Protecting your PB is a must - do your best to make sure its got insane padding.

cheers
m
Old Jun 20, 2004, 08:47 PM   #4
JzzTrump22
macrumors 65816

Those are one of the most messed up looking backpacks i've ever seen. Well i'm looking into a backpack because i'm going to college and i don't want to draw attention to myself by letting people know i have a laptop in a laptop bag. So i want a backpack because it's a lower profile. I won't be traveling with it too much, it will mostly be stationary, so thats why i don't really want to spend $100+ on something that will have minimal use.
Old Jun 20, 2004, 09:16 PM   #5
jcook793
macrumors regular

Send a message via Yahoo to jcook793
What I did with my iBook is get a sleeve for extra protection and just use a regular backpack. Hopefully this keeps me from being labeled as "easy target for laptop" by the bad guys. I got mine from here:
http://www.booqbags.com/Search.bok?c...ptop%20Sleeves
jcook793 is offline   0
Old Jun 20, 2004, 09:18 PM   #6
lefty111
macrumors newbie

backpack

I have an InCase form-fitting sleeve for my TiBook, and I can place this inside an ordinary EastPak bookbag when on campus.
lefty111 is offline   0
Old Jun 20, 2004, 09:23 PM   #7
JzzTrump22
macrumors 65816

The Targus Matrix is $4 cheaper and you get a whole backpack. It got awsome reviews, i'm going to keep researching theis one because it looks like it might be pretty decent. Targus isn't really a crappy company either, they make pretty decent stuff.

http://www.ebags.com/targus/matrix_n...?modelid=18763
Old Jun 20, 2004, 09:35 PM   #8
monkeymac
macrumors newbie

Heading to college next year too, and I have a Northface Recon. It has a laptop sleeve for the Powerbook. Nothing too sturdy, but it holds it in place near the padding on the back.
monkeymac is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Product Recommendations/Reviews