Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JzzTrump22

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 13, 2004
New York
I just installed Warcraft 3 then installed the frozen throne. So i put the original Warcraft 3 cd in then cliock on the icon and it says please insert warcraft 3. Help!!!! I can't get the cd out of the drive. I hit the actual eject button on the keyboard but it won't come out. I just got this PB and i have no clue. Help!!!!!

Horrortaxi

macrumors 68020
Jul 6, 2003
Los Angeles
It must be a serious problem to warrent posting 2 threads about it. :)

Have you tried dragging the drive's icon to the trash? Hit the eject button on the left side (sidebar) of the Finder window? Is there a program using the drive? How long did you press the eject button?

There are a world of possibilities here. If all else fails, you can restart the computer while holding down the mouse button and the CD will eject.

JzzTrump22

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 13, 2004
New York
Sorry about the double posts, i was getting nervous. Well i wound up restarting the machine. But, i put the cd in, there was no icon on the desktop saying there was something in the drive. So i decided to click on one of the icons the gmae put onto the desktop for me when i installed. I clicked that and it said please insert Warcraft 3. But the cd was already in. The reason it wasn't reading was i installed the expansion and i put the original game in. First i hit the eject button, like i taped it. Nothing happened. Then i held it down for about 3 seconds, nothing happened. Thats when i got nervous. I don't know how long you have to hold down the button for it to eject a cd.

Horrortaxi

macrumors 68020
Jul 6, 2003
Los Angeles
It takes a second or two. If you pressed the eject key for the same length of time as when you hit a key while typing it wouldn't eject.

So you got the disk out then?

Miner Willy

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2004
Bradford, UK
Won't eject

Restart your mac and when the machine has chimed hold the mouse button down until the cd is ejected.

If that doesn't work the you have to use a time trusted EED (Emergency Eject Device) aka a straightend out paperclip, find the little hole and stick it in about an inch until you meet some resistance , push a little further and the tray should open, it it's a slot loader, then it shouldstill come out, although not fully.

comictimes

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2004
Berkeley, California
If you're using a 15" powerbook, at least on mine, I don't think there is an EED. My CD drive completely broke down a while ago, but luckily my cd came partially out, so I could pull it the rest of the way out. If you're powerbook's new, or you have applecare just send the powerbook in to Apple. I did, and they had my computer back to me within four days.

titaniumducky

macrumors 6502a
Nov 22, 2003
comictimes said:
If you're using a 15" powerbook, at least on mine, I don't think there is an EED. My CD drive completely broke down a while ago, but luckily my cd came partially out, so I could pull it the rest of the way out. If you're powerbook's new, or you have applecare just send the powerbook in to Apple. I did, and they had my computer back to me within four days.

First try restarting with the mouse button (left) held down. If that doesn't work, there's something in Open Firmware which does a force eject too. If that doesn't work, the drive's broken for sure.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.