Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development

Old Sep 14, 2009, 08:41 PM   #1
USMCfirefighter
macrumors newbie

Alternative To Cyberduck?

I tried a search here but couldn't find anything. After upgrading to SL, Cyberduck no longer works and I can't upload filed to my FTP server. Does anyone know any free alternatives to Cyberduck? Yes, I'm being cheap. At first, anyway .
Thanks in advance.
USMCfirefighter is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2009, 08:44 PM   #2
yetanotherdave
macrumors 68000

Send a message via AIM to yetanotherdave Send a message via MSN to yetanotherdave Send a message via Yahoo to yetanotherdave
Use the latest cyberduck beta, it supports snow leopard.
Old Sep 14, 2009, 08:47 PM   #3
USMCfirefighter
macrumors newbie

You're awesome, thanks for the help.
Old Sep 14, 2009, 08:48 PM   #4
snakesqzns
macrumors regular

There's also Fugu.
snakesqzns is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2009, 09:01 PM   #5
USMCfirefighter
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakesqzns View Post
There's also Fugu.
I don't know why you have to use bad language... just kidding.
Thanks, but I have been using Cyberduck for a while, and now that it still works for me, I'll stick with it. I'll keep Fugu in mind though just in case. Thanks!
Old Sep 15, 2009, 01:33 AM   #6
Dunmail
macrumors regular

There's a review of FTP clients in this month's Mac Format (I assume the mag is the same both sides of the water)

I use Cyberduck and its current inability to work under SL is why I haven't upgraded yet - I'll wait until any issues are ironed out.
Dunmail is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2009, 07:37 AM   #7
angelwatt
Moderator emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunmail View Post
I use Cyberduck and its current inability to work under SL is why I haven't upgraded yet - I'll wait until any issues are ironed out.
As already mentioned, there's a Snow Leopard compatible version out that you can get. I'm using it with no issues.
angelwatt is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2009, 12:43 PM   #8
USMCfirefighter
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelwatt View Post
As already mentioned, there's a Snow Leopard compatible version out that you can get. I'm using it with no issues.
I am also using it now. So far, I having no more issues.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 02:49 PM   #9
jakeOSX
macrumors member

not sure if it is SL comp, but Filezilla is my FTP of choice. cyberduck is nice and all, but sometimes i find it better/faster to not use drag and drop.

also, i seem to do most of my txt file uploads through textwrangler these days...
jakeOSX is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2009, 02:54 PM   #10
jamarwright
macrumors newbie

i have been using cyberduck all last year, but recently started using Fireftp plugin for Firefox. It's a nice light weight FTP client and works like a charm. I've already used a ton and I don't have to leave my web browser.

http://fireftp.mozdev.org/
jamarwright is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development