Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Sep 17, 2009, 09:34 AM   #1
Joe-Diver
macrumors 6502

iPod Nano 5g Video/Audio Quality

I was at the Dallas Stars pre-season opener last night...thought I'd video Celena Ray singing the National Anthem....boy, did it turn out bad. The audio was very poor...with lots of pops like the mic being overwhelmed.....it's not that loud in the arena....maybe I expected too much?
Old Sep 17, 2009, 10:20 AM   #2
wpc33
macrumors 6502

Oh come now, I've heard dozens of live concert bootlegs, and I can tell you, you'd better have a good mic, a good recorder, a good position in a good venue w/good sound, if you wanna boot a show. People spend thousands on microphones. Elwood Blues even traded a Cadillac for one!
There's too much ambient noise(ie: tons) for a mic designed for more intimate use. I think recording audio in an arena w/iPod or cell mics, is like playing Halo with a toddler.
Try the mic on something a bit less overwhelming, and see if you like that.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 11:05 AM   #3
Consultant
macrumors G5

You can't expect a device for convenience to have perfect sound without a specialized (and expensive) microphone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpc33 View Post
Oh come now, I've heard dozens of live concert bootlegs, and I can tell you, you'd better have a good mic, a good recorder, a good position in a good venue w/good sound, if you wanna boot a show. People spend thousands on microphones. Elwood Blues even traded a Cadillac for one!
There's too much ambient noise(ie: tons) for a mic designed for more intimate use. I think recording audio in an arena w/iPod or cell mics, is like playing Halo with a toddler.
Try the mic on something a bit less overwhelming, and see if you like that.
Haha nice comparison.
Consultant is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2009, 11:07 AM   #4
Joe-Diver
macrumors 6502

Yeah, I figured I expected a bit much....start of the game isn't that loud though.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod