Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

After G

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2003
California
You could always make the .ipsw in OS X and then copy it to Windows :)

Find a friend with OS X if you have to do without. :p

kazutoshi

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2009
japan .chiba
You could always make the .ipsw in OS X and then copy it to Windows :)

Find a friend with OS X if you have to do without. :p

yes that's very true .. although I've proved my windows user I'm looking for friends have mac osx and he gave it to copy firmware custome .. and I try to use windows restore to my original iphone and works perfectly

deltadog03

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2009
can someone post on here, or pm/email me the instructions to make a custom one in Mac Os x? my friend is going to do it for me and give it to me. Yes I have a pc.

pmc.bkk

macrumors newbie
May 17, 2009
Windows JailbreaK 3.1

Just managed to do it….secret id if you upgraded to 3.1 it wont work..you must downgrade back to 3.0 (which is the tricky part), follow http://www.redmondpie.com/downgrade-iphone-3.1-to-3.0.1/

Jail break using redsn0w..then proceed as above..ive done mine and 2 friends phones ..no problems..

Its a bit tricky , but i’m no IT wizard, just read the instructions and go for it….

Peter McG
:D

scousebarry

macrumors newbie
Aug 28, 2008
Just managed to do it….secret id if you upgraded to 3.1 it wont work..you must downgrade back to 3.0 (which is the tricky part), follow http://www.redmondpie.com/downgrade-iphone-3.1-to-3.0.1/

Jail break using redsn0w..then proceed as above..ive done mine and 2 friends phones ..no problems..

Its a bit tricky , but i’m no IT wizard, just read the instructions and go for it….

Peter McG
:D

Hi Peter

ok looks like the instructions are clear and simple...but do you need to re-jailbreak after all of the instructions or does the custom 3.1 have cydia etc?? and also finding that some custom 3.1 have simple mode and expert mode..which is best and whats the diffrence between the two?

impulse462

macrumors 68020
Jun 3, 2009
I think the only reason they arent posting it because its copyright material?

Not sure but I think thats why (talking about the ipsw)

pmc.bkk

macrumors newbie
May 17, 2009
Hi Peter

ok looks like the instructions are clear and simple...but do you need to re-jailbreak after all of the instructions or does the custom 3.1 have cydia etc?? and also finding that some custom 3.1 have simple mode and expert mode..which is best and whats the diffrence between the two?

When you downgrade back to 3.0 or 3.0.1 you must jailbreak using redsn0w.
You can then upgrade to 3.1 using the custom 3.1 firmware and your phone will remain jailbroke...

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
I think the only reason they arent posting it because its copyright material?

Yes, the .ipsw files are copyrighted by Apple. The Dev-Team creates tools to modify these files, tools which are not illegal; but distributing modified (or even original) .ipsw files could give Apple a legal case against them. The Dev-Team's motto is "patch, don't pirate" because it gives them legal protection from any attempts Apple might make to shut them down.

pmc.bkk

macrumors newbie
May 17, 2009
Download the iPhone1,2_3.1_7C144_Custom_Restore.ipsw file and save it to your desktop

scousebarry

macrumors newbie
Aug 28, 2008
No service?

Done a jailbreak ok and everything went well, but now I have no service? Anybody help, my iPhone was not unlocked just jailbroken!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.