Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scousebarry

macrumors newbie
Aug 28, 2008
Barry...was you unlocked before (facory unlock), if so there should be no problem....If not upgrading to 3.1 you change the Baseband and it can not be unlocked.
If this is the case..down grade you baseband follow this tutorial.

http://www.redmondpie.com/downgrade-iphone-3g-firmware-3.1-baseband-05.11.07-to-04.26.08/

Hope it works,

Pete,

Hi Pete

i found out the problem!! i download a the wrong 3.1 ipsw (hacked to work on unofficial carrier) re-downloading another (non hack) and now works fine!

thanks for all your help!!

scousebarry :cool:

mattvf16

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2009
I tried the method of downgrading to 3.0, using Quickpwn 0.8 and an older iTunes, using a modified 3.1.ipsw. When all was said and done, i had a jailbroken iPhone running 3.1 with Cydia installed but no service...anywhere....at all. No no calls, no texting, no data aside from wi-fi. Had to restore and everything. It was a hassle and a pain. I don't know if I did something wrong or what but any help would be great.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
I tried the method of downgrading to 3.0, using Quickpwn 0.8 and an older iTunes, using a modified 3.1.ipsw. When all was said and done, i had a jailbroken iPhone running 3.1 with Cydia installed but no service...anywhere....at all. No no calls, no texting, no data aside from wi-fi. Had to restore and everything. It was a hassle and a pain. I don't know if I did something wrong or what but any help would be great.

Usually this happens when you use the wrong IPSW.

You have to be careful to get the unactivated IPSW (if you have an official sim) or the hacktivated one (if you are going to run it on a different carrier)

You will still be JB, but have no service.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.