Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

XavierD

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 9, 2004
The following keys do not respond : backspace, arrows down & left, space bar, Tab. All the others are OK.
What is going on ?
Many many thanks.
XavierD

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
XavierD said:
The following keys do not respond : backspace, arrows down & left, space bar, Tab. All the others are OK.
What is going on ?
Many many thanks.
XavierD

No idea but you might try removing the kb (it's simple) and taking a look underneath. Maybe a tear in the ribbon cable or some dust/dirt got inside.

fBaran

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2003
I have an extra keyboard (100% working) from my G4 iBook 12". If you can't get it fixed at the Apple Store, PM me (that goes for anyone else too 8)).

heyadol

macrumors member
Feb 21, 2004
coastal
I definitely recommend seeking professional help. Last October my keyboard and powersupply started acting up on my 12'pb. I remember that my G3 pb keyboard just popped right off so i figured i'd do the same thing and investigate. I used my Mr. Burns strength and pretty much broke my keyboard and it ended up costing $650 to repair the logic board and get a new powersupply. Guess I should have been patient but I was pretty far away from an Apple authorized repair option...

XavierD

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 9, 2004
THANKS

Folks,
ManyThanksForYourHelp.AsANew"switcher"IWillgotoTheNearestAppleCenterToGetMyiBookRepaired.
TakeCare,
XavierD

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.