Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kwyn

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 9, 2009
Can you listen to NFL games on the iphone without DirecTV?

I have Sirius subscription, but I think that even though stations have the games, they are not on the internet? Is that right?

schwell

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2009
Can you listen to NFL games on the iphone without DirecTV?

I have Sirius subscription, but I think that even though stations have the games, they are not on the internet? Is that right?

I am not sure about the NFL, but I have listened to College football games via the WunderRadio App. I just find a station that broadcasts the college's games and then listen to it.

stylez4o1

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2009
I've been trying to figure this out too because i'm going on vacation next week and will be missing a game or 2.

But so far i've found nothing,

1.) Local sports stations(on aol radio,flycast,iheart) that broadcast games won't stream games online. I don't know why?:confused:

2.) I have XM w/ best of Sirius and they don't have the NFL play-by-play channels on the internet/iphone. They do have the NFL channel that jumps from game to game and give you live updates.

What I decided to do is get ESPN alerts. So it'll alert me when someone scores a TD or something. I really wanted to be able to listen to the game while on vacation but can't find anything. Does anyone know of anything out there?

Warbrain

macrumors 603
Jun 28, 2004
Chicago, IL
1.) Local sports stations(on aol radio,flycast,iheart) that broadcast games won't stream games online. I don't know why?:confused:

It's against their broadcast agreement with the NFL and the teams. They cannot stream their radio broadcasts of games online. Some do, however...but they're doing so against the agreement.

pmagee

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2009
Pocket tunes

Purchase pocket tunes from the app store. Then go to http://Www.freesportscasts.com from the pocket tunes web app. You can listen to all the games.

I purchased poct tunes for my iPhone 3G...went to http://www.freesportscasts.com and founfd the NFL games for this week...clicked on The Patriots...then it told me I needed the latest version of Adobe flash player and that Apple wouldn't allow that download...any suggestions hoe to get past this...Thanks

pavvento

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2007
NFL would be great if they had an app like MLB does. I've listened to so many Indians games here in FL since I don't get them on TV. Ya, even though they suck.

They do, but it's exclusive to Sprint. I'm not sure how long the exclusivity is for though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.