Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Sep 18, 2009, 08:01 PM   #1
kwyn
macrumors regular

Is there a way to listen to NFL games?

Can you listen to NFL games on the iphone without DirecTV?

I have Sirius subscription, but I think that even though stations have the games, they are not on the internet? Is that right?
kwyn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2009, 08:49 PM   #2
schwell
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwyn View Post
Can you listen to NFL games on the iphone without DirecTV?

I have Sirius subscription, but I think that even though stations have the games, they are not on the internet? Is that right?
I am not sure about the NFL, but I have listened to College football games via the WunderRadio App. I just find a station that broadcasts the college's games and then listen to it.
schwell is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2009, 08:53 PM   #3
stylez4o1
macrumors newbie

I've been trying to figure this out too because i'm going on vacation next week and will be missing a game or 2.

But so far i've found nothing,

1.) Local sports stations(on aol radio,flycast,iheart) that broadcast games won't stream games online. I don't know why?

2.) I have XM w/ best of Sirius and they don't have the NFL play-by-play channels on the internet/iphone. They do have the NFL channel that jumps from game to game and give you live updates.

What I decided to do is get ESPN alerts. So it'll alert me when someone scores a TD or something. I really wanted to be able to listen to the game while on vacation but can't find anything. Does anyone know of anything out there?
stylez4o1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2009, 08:55 PM   #4
dennisjr631
macrumors regular

Purchase pocket tunes from the app store. Then go to Www.freesportscasts.com from the pocket tunes web app. You can listen to all the games.
dennisjr631 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2009, 10:39 PM   #5
stevetim
macrumors 6502a

NFL would be great if they had an app like MLB does. I've listened to so many Indians games here in FL since I don't get them on TV. Ya, even though they suck.
stevetim is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2009, 11:59 PM   #6
Warbrain
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylez4o1 View Post
1.) Local sports stations(on aol radio,flycast,iheart) that broadcast games won't stream games online. I don't know why?
It's against their broadcast agreement with the NFL and the teams. They cannot stream their radio broadcasts of games online. Some do, however...but they're doing so against the agreement.
Old Oct 25, 2009, 01:02 PM   #7
pmagee
macrumors newbie

Unhappy Pocket tunes

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennisjr631 View Post
Purchase pocket tunes from the app store. Then go to Www.freesportscasts.com from the pocket tunes web app. You can listen to all the games.
I purchased poct tunes for my iPhone 3G...went to www.freesportscasts.com and founfd the NFL games for this week...clicked on The Patriots...then it told me I needed the latest version of Adobe flash player and that Apple wouldn't allow that download...any suggestions hoe to get past this...Thanks
pmagee is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2009, 04:04 PM   #8
pavvento
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevetim View Post
NFL would be great if they had an app like MLB does. I've listened to so many Indians games here in FL since I don't get them on TV. Ya, even though they suck.
They do, but it's exclusive to Sprint. I'm not sure how long the exclusivity is for though.
pavvento is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone