Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gdl96

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 28, 2004
new jersey
I just got my new PB 15" the other day (it's awsome), but I've had a problem with the battery. It doesn't charge AT ALL. If I press the button on the battery, onlu one light lights up. It's been plugged in since I got it, and it's spent plenty of time sleeping or off. I figure it's just a bad battery, and I plan to call apple tomorrow. Any advice? Thanks.

titaniumducky

macrumors 6502a
Nov 22, 2003
gdl96 said:
I just got my new PB 15" the other day (it's awsome), but I've had a problem with the battery. It doesn't charge AT ALL. If I press the button on the battery, onlu one light lights up. It's been plugged in since I got it, and it's spent plenty of time sleeping or off. I figure it's just a bad battery, and I plan to call apple tomorrow. Any advice? Thanks.

Check Apple's website on how to reset the PMU for your particular model. That may help; if not, go ahead and have Apple replace it.

gdl96

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 28, 2004
new jersey
Could I just take the battery to the apple store, or do I have to take the whole PB? What else would I have to bring? The Applecare Service I ordered didn't arrive yet.

Finiksa

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2003
Australia
gdl96 said:
Could I just take the battery to the apple store, or do I have to take the whole PB? What else would I have to bring? The Applecare Service I ordered didn't arrive yet.

Take the whole computer with you and the adapter, if you want them to troubleshoot in the store. It may not be a problem with the battery, but could be the battery transfers board inside the PB or another component.

You don't need to wait for your AppleCare to arrive before calling Apple for service, you're covered by 90 day phone support from the date of purchase. If the problem seems serious enough to you, since it's brand new, it might be worth calling Apple and having them declare the PB "dead on arrival" they'll replace the PB with a new one. Once you get this PB repaired you're no longer eligible to have it replaced.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.