Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Oct 3, 2009, 09:47 PM   #1
wingnut8
macrumors 65816

iPhone not showing up in iPhoto

Never had a problem before, but all of the sudden it's not showing up in iPhoto. It does show up in image capture but I get an error when I try to transfer.
Old Oct 4, 2009, 08:15 AM   #2
stouty
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut8 View Post
Never had a problem before, but all of the sudden it's not showing up in iPhoto. It does show up in image capture but I get an error when I try to transfer.
Almost the same thing started to happen to me.

Sync'd fine yesterday, today, after no changes I know of, iPhoto and Image Capture no longer find my iPhone. Neither does Lightroom.

iTunes does. Can sync etc just fine.

I see these errors:

Code:
 iPhoto[291]: ILLogger ILMediaBrowserPathWatcher:  ** Error in ILMediaBrowserPathWatcher startFSEventStream failed to start for paths:
I've rebooted both Mac and iPhone. Reinstalled the iLife Support 903 package. Repaired perms.

No luck!

Last edited by stouty; Oct 4, 2009 at 08:22 AM.
stouty is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2009, 12:32 PM   #3
livingfortoday
macrumors 68030

I am having this same issue - just started about 2 weeks ago, and I guess I just didn't notice until now. Weird. I actually even got a new iPhone last week, and it synced from the backup of the old one fine, but also will not show up in iPhoto.
Old Oct 5, 2009, 04:31 AM   #4
stouty
macrumors newbie

Well, I deleted a few images from my roll, tried again and now it all works. Very strange. I went from 510 photos to 498. Not sure if 500 is the magic number.
stouty is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2009, 11:23 PM   #5
livingfortoday
macrumors 68030

I booted from the Leopard disk, repaired the hard drive, repaired permissions - rebooted - and now it works. Ok!
Old Jun 21, 2010, 07:04 AM   #6
favale67
macrumors newbie

The 500 photo limit seemed to be the blocking factor

Quote:
Originally Posted by stouty View Post
Well, I deleted a few images from my roll, tried again and now it all works. Very strange. I went from 510 photos to 498. Not sure if 500 is the magic number.
Thank you ! That was the trick. One thing though - when I did delete the photos on my iPhone to below 500, iPhoto kept seeing 509 photos and just showed the icons. I needed to reboot my mac and this seemed to clear the cache allowing me to see the 447 photos left on my iPhone. Now I always delete photos off iPhone when importing into iPhoto, using iTunes to select the albums I want to keep.
Thanks again!
favale67 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2014, 08:51 PM   #7
HeadshotSK
macrumors member

What the hell! I'm not gonna delete 300 pix on there? I used to have 2000!
Now it's 800. I never had this issue before.

It shows up in iTunes though!
HeadshotSK is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting