iPhone not showing up in iPhoto

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by wingnut8, Oct 3, 2009.

1. macrumors 65816

wingnut8

Never had a problem before, but all of the sudden it's not showing up in iPhoto. It does show up in image capture but I get an error when I try to transfer.

2. macrumors newbie

Almost the same thing started to happen to me.

Sync'd fine yesterday, today, after no changes I know of, iPhoto and Image Capture no longer find my iPhone. Neither does Lightroom.

iTunes does. Can sync etc just fine.

I see these errors:

Code:
     iPhoto[291]: ILLogger ILMediaBrowserPathWatcher:  ** Error in ILMediaBrowserPathWatcher startFSEventStream failed to start for paths:
    I've rebooted both Mac and iPhone. Reinstalled the iLife Support 903 package. Repaired perms.

No luck!

3. macrumors 68030

I am having this same issue - just started about 2 weeks ago, and I guess I just didn't notice until now. Weird. I actually even got a new iPhone last week, and it synced from the backup of the old one fine, but also will not show up in iPhoto.

4. macrumors newbie

Well, I deleted a few images from my roll, tried again and now it all works. Very strange. I went from 510 photos to 498. Not sure if 500 is the magic number.

5. macrumors 68030

I booted from the Leopard disk, repaired the hard drive, repaired permissions - rebooted - and now it works. Ok!

6. macrumors newbie

The 500 photo limit seemed to be the blocking factor

Thank you ! That was the trick. One thing though - when I did delete the photos on my iPhone to below 500, iPhoto kept seeing 509 photos and just showed the icons. I needed to reboot my mac and this seemed to clear the cache allowing me to see the 447 photos left on my iPhone. Now I always delete photos off iPhone when importing into iPhoto, using iTunes to select the albums I want to keep.
    Thanks again!

7. macrumors member

HeadshotSK

What the hell! I'm not gonna delete 300 pix on there? I used to have 2000!
    Now it's 800. I never had this issue before.

It shows up in iTunes though!