iPhone not showing up in iPhoto

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by wingnut8, Oct 3, 2009.

1. wingnut8 macrumors 65816

Jun 8, 2007
    Never had a problem before, but all of the sudden it's not showing up in iPhoto. It does show up in image capture but I get an error when I try to transfer.
  2. stouty macrumors newbie

Oct 4, 2009
    Almost the same thing started to happen to me.

Sync'd fine yesterday, today, after no changes I know of, iPhoto and Image Capture no longer find my iPhone. Neither does Lightroom.

iTunes does. Can sync etc just fine.

I see these errors:

iPhoto[291]: ILLogger ILMediaBrowserPathWatcher:  ** Error in ILMediaBrowserPathWatcher startFSEventStream failed to start for paths:
    I've rebooted both Mac and iPhone. Reinstalled the iLife Support 903 package. Repaired perms.

No luck!
  3. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

Nov 17, 2004
    The Msp
    I am having this same issue - just started about 2 weeks ago, and I guess I just didn't notice until now. Weird. I actually even got a new iPhone last week, and it synced from the backup of the old one fine, but also will not show up in iPhoto.
  4. stouty macrumors newbie

Oct 4, 2009
    Well, I deleted a few images from my roll, tried again and now it all works. Very strange. I went from 510 photos to 498. Not sure if 500 is the magic number.
  5. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

Nov 17, 2004
    The Msp
    I booted from the Leopard disk, repaired the hard drive, repaired permissions - rebooted - and now it works. Ok!
  6. favale67 macrumors newbie

Jun 21, 2010
    Paris, France
    The 500 photo limit seemed to be the blocking factor

Thank you ! That was the trick. One thing though - when I did delete the photos on my iPhone to below 500, iPhoto kept seeing 509 photos and just showed the icons. I needed to reboot my mac and this seemed to clear the cache allowing me to see the 447 photos left on my iPhone. Now I always delete photos off iPhone when importing into iPhoto, using iTunes to select the albums I want to keep.
    Thanks again!
  7. HeadshotSK macrumors member

Dec 30, 2011
    What the hell! I'm not gonna delete 300 pix on there? I used to have 2000!
    Now it's 800. I never had this issue before.

It shows up in iTunes though!