Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old Jul 28, 2004, 09:10 AM   #1
Grimace
macrumors 68040

One BT Mouse between PB and PM?

I just received the Logitech MX900 BT mouse - fantastic little guy!

Anyway, I use it with my Powerbook right now. If (when!) I get a G5, is there a way that I could use the mouse for both - as in "switch" it between the PB and PM without putting one to sleep?
Grimace is offline   0
Old Jul 28, 2004, 09:44 AM   #2
robbieduncan

I think you could do it by simply pairing it with the machine you wanted to use it with. That would wipe out the previous pairing. If you mean simply hit a switch or something then nope. You can only have it paired with one machine at once so the whole sleep thing is kind of unimportant.
robbieduncan is offline   0
Old Jul 28, 2004, 09:59 AM   #3
Grimace
macrumors 68040

Sorry to ask a stupid followup, but how do I switch the pairing?
Grimace is offline   0
Old Jul 28, 2004, 10:12 AM   #4
7on
macrumors 601

If you've already gotten the mouse to work on the PB, you've already paired it once. Pairing just means setting it up to install. Your PM should recognize it automatically I think when it becomes unpaired. Click the BT menu extra and click on Bluetooth settings. There click on devices. You shouls see a "delete pairing" and a "Pair New Device"
Old Jul 28, 2004, 10:13 AM   #5
robbieduncan

Do whatever you did to pair it the first time, but on the other machine! Sorry to not be very specific but I'm on my work PC now and don't have access to a Mac.
robbieduncan is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers