Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Carressa

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 3, 2008
:apple:Well after what seems like years it has finally arrived. My husband was kind enough to set it up for me and take pictures for me since I am trapped at work:( I included just a few of them here. It is the process of updating so I cannot give any specific hardware information till it completes. I just wanted to share my happiness!!

sidebyside.jpg

outsideofbox.jpg

I have more but didn't want to bore anyone:)

53x12

macrumors 68000
Feb 16, 2009
Very nice!!!! Congrats, I think you are officially the first with an unboxing? Awesome!!

Carressa

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 3, 2008
Go home early! Starting coughing and tell your boss you don't feel good and think you might have the flu. ;) :D

Ha! tried that but made the mistake of doing a happy dance at my desk when I found out it had arrived.

Carressa

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 3, 2008
pictures on this machine have we see a long time ago, we just want benchmarks.

Pictures were for those who wanted to see them...Benchmarks will come tonight if someone else hasn't posted by then.

madwolf

macrumors member
Oct 11, 2009
Could you please run this command in the terminal:
ioreg -lw0 > quadcorei5.ioreg

and send me the resulting quadcorei5.ioreg file? This file contains all the details of your hardware configuration. I'm really curious and this information could be very helpfull to me. This command is completely harmless, it will just write the configuration into this file. If you agree (please do) I can give you my email...

It's very important to me.

uni-rapide

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2009
The Netherlands
Could you please run this command in the terminal:
ioreg -lw0 > quadcorei5.ioreg

and send me the resulting quadcorei5.ioreg file? This file contains all the details of your hardware configuration. I'm really curious and this information could be very helpfull to me. This command is completely harmless, it will just write the configuration into this file. If you agree (please do) I can give you my email...

It's very important to me.

Can you please explain your curiosity and why it's important to you :confused:

53x12

macrumors 68000
Feb 16, 2009
Ha! tried that but made the mistake of doing a happy dance at my desk when I found out it had arrived.

Just tell the boss it isn't like you will be very productive anyways if you stay! :D Tell them the world of macrumors is waiting for benchmarks and only you can save us.

bt22

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2009
Alabama
How come you are at work and your husband is home..? Ha Ha

I can't wait to get my first Mac... Congrats on your new Mac that's a nice computer...

faxao

macrumors regular
Feb 20, 2008
Milano, Italy
Congrats....

....for your new baby !! It is awesome.....I can't wait to receive my i7; order placed today should be @ home in 4 weeks :p

Carressa

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 3, 2008
So anyone have any suggestions for Benchmarking tools? Macbench? Xbench?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.