Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mirai 11

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 3, 2005
I'm trying to make some business cards with iWork 09, and when i pick a template, you can't see any of them. i've put a picture to explain this better lol.
Is there any way i can sort this out?
Many thanks

Attachments

• Screen shot 2009-11-29 at 14.57.26.png
    Screen shot 2009-11-29 at 14.57.26.png
    115.9 KB · Views: 115

Mirai 11

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 3, 2005
anyone? i need to try and get this sorted, if anyone knows the solution it'd be greatly appreciated

Mirai 11

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 3, 2005
anyone? i need to try and get this sorted, if anyone knows the solution it'd be greatly appreciated

PeggyD

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2007
Covington, WA, USA
What version of Pages are you using. Many users are finding problems with the iWork apps in Snow Leopard due to not having the latest updates as of the September 28 installed. For iWork '08 that is Pages 3.0.3 & Numbers 1.0.3. For iWork '09 it's Pages 4.0.2 & Numbers 2.0.2. iWork '09 has since had update 3. I don't use Keynote, but it should also be updated. If you're not running the latest versions & Software Update says your software is up to date, make sure the applications are where the installer initially put them. The updaters are very picky. If the location is not where the updater is programmed to look or if the folder doesn't have the name the updater looks for, it will not work. The applications cannot be renamed or moved. They must be in the iWork '08 or iWork '09 folder in Applications. That iWork folder must be named iWork '08 or iWork '09. If it doesn't have the '08 or '09 Software Update won't find them & the updaters won't work.

If you used Software Update to update Snow Leopard, got to Apple's download site & download & install the combo update. It can often fix some things not fixed or broken with the delta update. There is an issue with Hoefler Text in Pages that is fixed by updating to Snow Leopard 10.6.2 using the combo update.

Mirai 11

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 3, 2005
Its all up to date, it actually had the problem before 9.03 too. I had iWork 08 and it had it then. So i thought maybe it was a Snow Leopard Issue, but soon as i got the new update, still the same. so ive no idea.
Maybe just a complete reinstall of iwork is on the cards instead..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.