Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

okayjustin

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 23, 2007
SF bay area
Hi all. I'm going to be getting a different macbook. I have Logic installed on the Mac that I'm going to be trading - I bought the retail version with the CDs. The thing is, I don't have the CDs anymore but I do have the application installed and registered. When I trade computers, how do I basically transfer my version of Logic to the other CPU w/o the CDs..? Please help, I'm kind of worried !

mcpryon2

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2008
You should be able to call Apple and rebuy the media discs. It's like $30 or something like that.

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
Hi all. I'm going to be getting a different macbook. I have Logic installed on the Mac that I'm going to be trading - I bought the retail version with the CDs. The thing is, I don't have the CDs anymore but I do have the application installed and registered. When I trade computers, how do I basically transfer my version of Logic to the other CPU w/o the CDs..? Please help, I'm kind of worried !

I think you can use "migration assistant" to move all the data and apps to the new mac. It's pretty much automatic.

http://www.apple.com/pro/tips/migration.html

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.