Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mkaake

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 10, 2003
mi
I just recently picked up two plus's (one for free, the other 10 bucks) at garage sales, but am having a little trouble finding ram for them - one is at 2.5 mb of ram, and the other one's video is dead. So right now, i'm focusing on the one that works ;)... anyhew, since it's already got 2.5, I'm trying to find 2 1mb sticks that will work in a plus.

Where do you recommend looking?

On ebay, about the only thing I found was an auction for a lot of like 30 sticks that may or may not work in the plus...

mkaake said:
I just recently picked up two plus's (one for free, the other 10 bucks) at garage sales, but am having a little trouble finding ram for them - one is at 2.5 mb of ram, and the other one's video is dead. So right now, i'm focusing on the one that works ;)... anyhew, since it's already got 2.5, I'm trying to find 2 1mb sticks that will work in a plus.

Where do you recommend looking?

On ebay, about the only thing I found was an auction for a lot of like 30 sticks that may or may not work in the plus...

Well they are 30pin SIMM's and you can have 4 1mb ram sticks in them, there not that much money for used or even new. I know a few places that still have new ones for 34.99 per or I have some 1mb's for a few bucks, let me know if I can help you with them.

Forced Perfect

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2004
Toronto, Canada.
Macs R Us said:
Well they are 30pin SIMM's and you can have 4 1mb ram sticks in them, there not that much money for used or even new. I know a few places that still have new ones for 34.99 per or I have some 1mb's for a few bucks, let me know if I can help you with them.

Are you kidding? 1MB 30-pin SIMMs are everywhere on eBay, mostly in large lots simply bacause no one can sell them anywhere else.

Mkaake, I'll sell you 1MB SIMMs for like, $12 shipped (Canada/US.) I'll give you 8-12 of them. Just so you don't run out. hehe Message me if you're interested.

Forced Perfect said:
Are you kidding? 1MB 30-pin SIMMs are everywhere on eBay, mostly in large lots simply bacause no one can sell them anywhere else.

Mkaake, I'll sell you 1MB SIMMs for like, $12 shipped (Canada/US.) I'll give you 8-12 of them. Just so you don't run out. hehe Message me if you're interested.

Yes, theres tons of lots but few take time to test them (becuese there old). I can't buy any more ram sorry.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.