1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Need to find Ram for Plus

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by mkaake, Aug 11, 2004.

1. macrumors 65816

I just recently picked up two plus's (one for free, the other 10 bucks) at garage sales, but am having a little trouble finding ram for them - one is at 2.5 mb of ram, and the other one's video is dead. So right now, i'm focusing on the one that works ;)... anyhew, since it's already got 2.5, I'm trying to find 2 1mb sticks that will work in a plus.

Where do you recommend looking?

On ebay, about the only thing I found was an auction for a lot of like 30 sticks that may or may not work in the plus...

2. macrumors 6502

Well they are 30pin SIMM's and you can have 4 1mb ram sticks in them, there not that much money for used or even new. I know a few places that still have new ones for 34.99 per or I have some 1mb's for a few bucks, let me know if I can help you with them.

3. macrumors 6502

Forced Perfect

Are you kidding? 1MB 30-pin SIMMs are everywhere on eBay, mostly in large lots simply bacause no one can sell them anywhere else.

Mkaake, I'll sell you 1MB SIMMs for like, $12 shipped (Canada/US.) I'll give you 8-12 of them. Just so you don't run out. hehe Message me if you're interested.

4. macrumors 6502

Yes, theres tons of lots but few take time to test them (becuese there old). I can't buy any more ram sorry.