Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lee.anderson

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 28, 2006
UK
The back of the tablet:

500x_209_549426_c28761129cd508a.jpg

500x_209_549426_da8e2f6651e49e8_01.jpg

500x_209_549426_ddd62c5b301bb5f.jpg

From Gizmodo http://i.gizmodo.com/5458217/is-this-the-outside-of-the-apple-tablet

It looks amazing

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Apr 12, 2001
Photos of Apple Tablet Back Shell Leaked?

114320-weiphone_tablet_shell.jpg

With less than two hours to go before Apple's media event, Gizmodo has posted three images that briefly appeared on Chinese website WeiPhone appearing to show the back shell of an Apple device of approximately the tablet's expected size. The photos, which appear to depict several such shells in an industrial setting, quickly disappeared from the site.

114320-weiphone_tablet_shell_2_300.jpg

114320-weiphone_tablet_shell_3_300.jpg

114321-weiphone_tablet_shell_4_300.jpg

Earlier today, Engadget posted what appears to be images of the front of the tablet device, which has been bolted down to a table and partially covered by a black cloth in the images.

Article Link: Photos of Apple Tablet Back Shell Leaked?

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Fake... Apple makes everything in an assembly line method, not like that (4 at a time). It would be a waste of resources, time and money...

Fake... next

Besides, that looks like Aluminum, we need the plastic bar to help with radio waves for Wi-Fi and supposedly included 3G radio.

dagomike

macrumors 65816
Jun 22, 2007
So, mini-display port there?

Output to HDMI would be sweet. hopefully it handles at least 1080i/p

macjock

macrumors regular
May 30, 2008
Fake... Apple makes everything in an assembly line method, not like that (4 at a time). It would be a waste of resources, time and money...

Fake... next

Besides, that looks like Aluminum, we need the plastic bar to help with radio waves for Wi-Fi and supposedly included 3G radio.

How do you know what methods are deployed in a Chinese factory?

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California

Fake... next

Assembly lines often use carriers that have multiple items on them for simultaneous work, particularly when the items are small. I believe it's real.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier

Fake... next

That's not an assembly line.

Square? No one saw that coming.

That's the tablet itself. The screen is still gonna be 16X9

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008

Fake... next

Testing facility.....

vincebio

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2005
Glasgow

Fake... next

i sooo hope you are wrong just for the actual fact that you think this is some kind of an assembly unit...
:rolleyes:

Its clearly testing for something, strength or radiation...etc

elppa

macrumors 68040
Nov 26, 2003
The rubberised detail at the top (presumably for the antenna) is leading me to believe they are genuine.

If it is then it's very nice, nicer than I thought it would be.

Assuming (and it is a big if) these are genuine, it is also interesting that the orientation of the Apple logo indicates it will often be used in portrait orientation. I imagine for TV/video landscape will be used though. I kind of expected the Apple to go the other way round.

Maybe the on screen keyboard (if there is an on screen keyboard) is easier to user in portrait?

aslucher

macrumors member
Mar 13, 2008

Fake... next

dude, really? did you proof read this? how is doing 4 at a time versus 1 at a time a waste of resources?

not to mention dude, the first picture appears to have a plastic strip at the top for an antenna.... just look

OwenDarko

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2010
Woah, it's much bigger then expected if this is it...

Looks like the back of the imac's to me...the holes probably respresenting where parts are clipped together.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.