Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Wow, this is nearly (or already?) onto it's third page and it was posted about 15 minutes ago. This is getting ridiculous. arn, you got enough bandwidth? Hardmac.com is already down.

mdriftmeyer

macrumors 68040
Feb 2, 2004
Pacific Northwest
Sweet looking prototype backface. Looks like a new product separate from the Tablet, or the Tablet guaranteeing a wide-aspect ratio with a bottom to house the hardware ala the iMac panel look.

talkingnewmedia

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2009
Chicago
Definitely faked, the tablet hasn't been designed yet . . .

CUPERTINO, CA—Claiming that he completely forgot about the much-hyped electronic device until the last minute, a frantic Steve Jobs reportedly stayed up all night Tuesday in a desperate effort to design Apple's new tablet computer. "Come on, Steve, just think—think, dammit—you're running out of time," the exhausted CEO said as he glued nine separate iPhones to the back of a plastic cafeteria tray. "Okay, yeah, this will work. This will definitely work. Just need to write 'tablet' on this little strip of masking tape here and I'm golden. Oh, come on, you piece of ****! Just stick already!" Middle-of-the-night sources reported that Jobs then began work on double-spacing his Keynote presentation and increasing the font size to make it appear longer.

Care of America's most trusted news source.

Virtuon

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2010
Utopia
Looks odd but realistic...

Another controlled leak?

I wish the damn keynote would start so that we would know for sure!

NO MORE RUMORS! :rolleyes:

tiguk

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2008
UK
**** I'm excited.

Can't help myself. Almost ashamed of being so caught up in it all!

jayducharme

macrumors 601
Jun 22, 2006
The thick of it
With so much of the media world adopting the 16x9 (and soon 21x9) aspect ratio, I would find it odd that the tablet would be square. If the display is widescreen, it would strike me as a huge waste of real estate. Apple usually goes for sleek and symmetrical. But who knows? Maybe the tablet has a chin.

kwangu

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2010
Looks very good.....
why would this be shown one hour before the event tho.
Probably fake.

bossxii

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2008
Kansas City
This could be one big sob of a tablet. If either of the latest photo's posted are real the biggest shocker upon release will be the size to me.

This thing looks huge!

jrober

macrumors regular
Jan 22, 2003
Heathfield, UK
Not sure, however

As a manufacturing engineer to trade if you were to build '000's of these then things like teaching robots to do the assembly tasks are needed and would form a key part of setting up the assembly line.

In my experience you don't stop the current line to set-up new ones if you want to keep it secret. For example the car industry do this in a closed shop then swap the kit over in a short space of time where needed to minimise downtime.

Yours twitching by the apple store.com/uk card in hand.

John

GeekLawyer

macrumors 68020
With so much of the media world adopting the 16x9 (and soon 21x9) aspect ratio, I would find it odd that the tablet would be square. If the display is widescreen, it would strike me as a huge waste of real estate. Apple usually goes for sleek and symmetrical. But who knows? Maybe the tablet has a chin.

Maybe I need glasses, but that doesn't look square to me at all.

nep61

macrumors 6502
May 17, 2007
Looks real to me... at first glance that is... less than an hour to go !!
I guess we'll see soon enough now, won't we?

iggibiggi

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2010
I'm not going to lie, I'm not that impressed! If it's that thin, and has a structural makeup of the macbooks, I would imagine it would flex a little!:(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.