Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hugodrax

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 15, 2007
Interesting cases out there so far.

This one.
http://www.gadgetvenue.com/apple-ipad-scosche-kickback-case-01294401/

Scosche-kickBACK-iPad-Case_1-300x286.jpg

http://nexus404.com/Blog/2010/01/28...-ipad-case-ipad-sleeves-ipad-screen-care-kit/

Griffin-Apple-iPad-Case-and-Sleeve.jpg

Luba

macrumors 68000
Apr 22, 2009
I also vote for the Apple case for $39, light, protective and can prop up the iPad.

Luba

macrumors 68000
Apr 22, 2009
I like the Ristretto for iPad/Netbooks for $110, which I would also get the TerraGrip Shoulder Strap for an extra $20, so the total will be $130.

Would you also get the Apple Case for it too, at $39? I think I will since the case lets me "kick" stand it up for better viewing or typing.

Not a direct accessory I suppose (?) but I've already ordered one of these in Black/Steel Ristretto for iPad.

newyorksole

macrumors 603
Apr 2, 2008
New York.
Can someone confirm for me that the Apple Case folds all the way back? That would be amazing. Like being flat against the back of it, instead of slightly folded.

WytRaven

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2009
Orbiting Mercury
I like the Ristretto for iPad/Netbooks for $110, which I would also get the TerraGrip Shoulder Strap for an extra $20, so the total will be $130.

Would you also get the Apple Case for it too, at $39? I think I will since the case lets me "kick" stand it up for better viewing or typing.

I will quite possibly but I'll wait to see it in the flesh before commit. I have ordered the "Absolute" strap for mine ($20) which is what I have on my current, larger, ristretto. That strap sticks to your shoulder like glue it's awesome :) The TerraGrip, which I can't comment on, is +$10.

Depending on what it's like I'll either get the "wallet" Apple is making for the pad or pick up Apple's bluetooth keyboard. It should be able to live in the middle compartment of the ristretto no probs.

Will wait and see :D

3N16MA

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2009
Space
Be prepared for massive amounts of iPad accessory reviews on YouTube. It was and still is to a lesser extent flooded with iPhone accessory reviews.

Luba

macrumors 68000
Apr 22, 2009
Oh, so the Absolute is quite grippy too. I don't have square shoulders at all, more sloping, so definitely need a grippy strap. The website said Absolute is made for comfort, while the TerraGrip is all about grip not comfort. So I can have comfort and grip with Absolute. :) Then again, the iPad isn't heavy at all, so all grip and no comfort with Terra strap should be no problem.

Good point, may not need the Apple "wallet" as the Ristretto will do all the protecting, and the keyboard dock and be used to prop up the iPad. Then I would also have a real keyboard if I need to write up a document.

I will quite possibly but I'll wait to see it in the flesh before commit. I have ordered the "Absolute" strap for mine ($20) which is what I have on my current, larger, ristretto. That strap sticks to your shoulder like glue it's awesome :) The TerraGrip, which I can't comment on, is +$10.

Depending on what it's like I'll either get the "wallet" Apple is making for the pad or pick up Apple's bluetooth keyboard. It should be able to live in the middle compartment of the ristretto no probs.

Will wait and see :D

WytRaven

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2009
Orbiting Mercury
...and the keyboard dock and be used to prop up the iPad. Then I would also have a real keyboard if I need to write up a document.

Not sure the KB/Dock would fit in the bag. Here's some photos of my current Ristretto so you can get an idea of space available. Don't get me wrong you can pack heaps in a Ristretto..even a smaller one but I think the shape of the KB/Dock might be a problem...

Attachments

• Rist1.jpg
    Rist1.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 149
  • Rist2.jpg
    Rist2.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 141
  • Rist3.jpg
    Rist3.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 147
  • Rist4.jpg
    Rist4.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 149

Luba

macrumors 68000
Apr 22, 2009
WytRaven, thanks for the pics, yours are much better than on their website!

WytRaven

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2009
Orbiting Mercury
WytRaven, thanks for the pics, yours are much better than on their website!

Hey no problem. I have no qualms whatsoever helping to promote a product I know to be good. My iPad version should be here within the next week so I'll do a little comparison shoot for you :p That way you'll be able to see the size/feature difference etc.

That bag in the photos is over 2 years old by the way and I use it everyday. I take it to work with a sandwich case in the front pocket (amongst sundry other items), a tablet stand and fold up keyboard in the middle pocket, and of course the ST5112 in the tablet pocket. The middle pocket actually has some little mini pockets on the inside front one of which has my 3G modem in it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.