Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Feb 5, 2010, 08:43 PM   #1
MacRumors
macrumors bot

Apple Seeds Mac OS X 10.6.3 (Build 10D548)

Apple has seeded a new version of Mac OS X 10.6.3 to developers today. The last seed was released on January 22nd. According to reports, the newest version provides a number of enhancements and bug fixes for QuickTime X, 64-bit Logic, printing and OpenGL.

There are said to be "no known issues" with the latest build, possibly indicating that we may be approaching release. 10.6.3 only began seeding to developers in early January but 10.6.2 saw a comparably short time frame from initial seeding to public release.

The Mac OS X 10.6.2 update was released on November 9th.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Mac OS X 10.6.3 (Build 10D548)
MacRumors is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2010, 08:45 PM   #2
flopticalcube
macrumors G4

I had a feeling it would be seeded today. Roll on the release!
Old Feb 5, 2010, 08:47 PM   #3
tmuller
macrumors member

Works great, just like the last build. Still no update on the OpenGL 3.0 shader language support
tmuller is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2010, 08:49 PM   #4
H. Flower
macrumors 6502

So is this going to fix my defective $5,000 Mac Pro?
H. Flower is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2010, 08:56 PM   #5
iBryton
macrumors regular

Come On Lets Release Those New Pros!!!!!!!!

iBryton is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2010, 08:57 PM   #6
frjonah
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to frjonah Send a message via Yahoo to frjonah Send a message via Skype™ to frjonah
I'm a developer (mainly iPhone), but I have not been downloading these OS updates... where do you access the download exactly or do you have to sign-up for eligibility?

I've got a Mac Mini with a broken HDTV connection (I'm told it would have connected from DVI-HDMI in Leopard, but so far no love in SL) and, if I'm eligible, I'd like to give the update a try (yeah, yeah... I know the chances of it magically working after update are about the same as a Snow Leopard's chance in hell )
Old Feb 5, 2010, 09:01 PM   #7
ironman159
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by frjonah View Post
I'm a developer (mainly iPhone), but I have not been downloading these OS updates... where do you access the download exactly or do you have to sign-up for eligibility?

I've got a Mac Mini with a broken HDTV connection (I'm told it would have connected from DVI-HDMI in Leopard, but so far no love in SL) and, if I'm eligible, I'd like to give the update a try (yeah, yeah... I know the chances of it magically working after update are about the same as a Snow Leopard's chance in hell )
I THINK that these updates roll onto Mac OS developers, but you can always try to find it in your iPhone Dev Center page; maybe it appears.
ironman159 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2010, 09:14 PM   #8
FSMBP
macrumors 68020

Wait, Apple still makes Macs?
Old Feb 5, 2010, 09:17 PM   #9
SlaunchaMan
macrumors newbie

Send a message via AIM to SlaunchaMan Send a message via MSN to SlaunchaMan
Quote:

You need to purchase an ADC Select account.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 09:21 PM   #10
t0mat0
macrumors 601

Anyone normal length of time this should take to hit the general public?
Old Feb 5, 2010, 09:33 PM   #11
frjonah
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to frjonah Send a message via Yahoo to frjonah Send a message via Skype™ to frjonah
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman159 View Post
I THINK that these updates roll onto Mac OS developers, but you can always try to find it in your iPhone Dev Center page; maybe it appears.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlaunchaMan View Post
You need to purchase an ADC Select account.
Thanks for the info!
Old Feb 5, 2010, 09:33 PM   #12
libertyforall
Banned

So much for those reports of Blu-Ray movie playback finally being delivered in 10.6... *annoyed*

Hopefully iTunes will finally go 64-bit?

Maybe Apple should disallow flash on Mac OS X until they make a 64-bit version too? j/k

Mac 10.6.2 HDTV HDMI via DisplayPort connectivity is abysmal, in my experience...

Quote:

Last edited by kainjow; Feb 5, 2010 at 10:02 PM. Reason: merged posts
libertyforall is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2010, 09:36 PM   #13
coolfactor
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSMBP View Post
Wait, Apple still makes Macs?
What an annoying comment.

Apple makes computing hardware and software. Macs are just one product line. Who says that computers need to fit a certain design/form factor?

All of their stuff, aside from their traditional iPods, run a variant of OS X. So why the negativity about Apple not supporting their Macs?

I know, it was sarcasm, but really... why bother?
coolfactor is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2010, 09:37 PM   #14
cvaldes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0mat0 View Post
Anyone normal length of time this should take to hit the general public?
Short answer: no

Longer answer: the time between the last developer build and the publicly released version varies. However, Apple never indicates that any given developer build is a release candidate, thus it is impossible to know if there will be subsequent developer builds. Thus, you won't know untill Apple releases the official software.
cvaldes is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2010, 09:39 PM   #15
Kilamite
macrumors G3

One more build after this and we'll have our R.C. Public release ~20th Feb I guess
Kilamite is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2010, 09:39 PM   #16
cvaldes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by libertyforall View Post
So much for those reports of Blu-Ray movie playback finally being delivered in 10.6... *annoyed*

Hopefully iTunes will finally go 64-bit?
It is unlikely that Apple would release a 64-bit version of iTunes in a maintenance OS release. That sort of feature upgrade would be included in an update of the application (iTunes), not the OS since historically Apple releases separate versions of iTunes.

Also, it is improbable that Apple would release Blu-ray support in a minor maintenance release, seeing as there is no Apple hardware that has Blu-ray players and the fact that Steve Jobs continues to refer to Blu-ray licensing as a "big bag of pain."
cvaldes is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2010, 09:41 PM   #17
libertyforall
Banned

3.0 is overdue, finalized in July 11, 2008.
3.1 Released May 28, 2009
3.2 August 3, 2009 and updated December 7, 2009

Come on Apple, 3.x should have shipped in 10.6, IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmuller View Post
Works great, just like the last build. Still no update on the OpenGL 3.0 shader language support
libertyforall is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2010, 09:42 PM   #18
nite41

"No known issues" with 10.6.2 ????

What about the 'error -36' one regularly gets while copying files/folders from Mac on to a USB drive?
It's not just me. Google it and you'll see many more are affected by this. Tried almost everything suggested. 'error -36' still shows up!
The only way around is: Copy files one-by-one. Coz once you drag-n-drop an entire folder, the error -36 pops up!
I hope Apple fixes this. It's an irritating bug!
nite41 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2010, 09:48 PM   #19
frjonah
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by libertyforall View Post
Mac 10.6.2 HDTV HDMI via DisplayPort connectivity is abysmal, in my experience...
Any experience with full DVI? I have a late 2008 Mini with DVI... and about $100 in cables... every variant known to man. I even tried DVI-VGA>VGA-HDMI (my HDTV has no VGA port).
Old Feb 5, 2010, 09:49 PM   #20
miknos
macrumors 6502

Exposť "fix" please?
miknos is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2010, 09:56 PM   #21
Mr. Wonderful
macrumors 6502

Good news. Hopefully it's next week, rather than two months from now!

I'm looking forward to the enhancements of Quicktime X the most.
Mr. Wonderful is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2010, 09:59 PM   #22
ARF900
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by miknos View Post
Exposť "fix" please?
What problem are you having with expose, other than from Chrome users I havent heard of any issues with Expose.

Im not having any problems with 10.6.2 so really this is just another excuse for me to keep ignoring software update.
ARF900 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2010, 10:01 PM   #23
kainjow
Moderator emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by nite41 View Post
What about the 'error -36' one regularly gets while copying files/folders from Mac on to a USB drive?
It's not just me. Google it and you'll see many more are affected by this. Tried almost everything suggested. 'error -36' still shows up!
The only way around is: Copy files one-by-one. Coz once you drag-n-drop an entire folder, the error -36 pops up!
I hope Apple fixes this. It's an irritating bug!
It's "no known issues" with the latest developer build of 10.6.3
kainjow is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2010, 10:06 PM   #24
FSMBP
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolfactor View Post
What an annoying comment.

Apple makes computing hardware and software. Macs are just one product line. Who says that computers need to fit a certain design/form factor?

All of their stuff, aside from their traditional iPods, run a variant of OS X. So why the negativity about Apple not supporting their Macs?

I know, it was sarcasm, but really... why bother?
It was just a joke...why are you taking it personally? haha.

And it was in reference to how Apple news has been focusing on iPads/iPhones more than notebooks/desktops (the Macs). I never said anything about not supporting Macs.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 10:15 PM   #25
Kristenn
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSMBP View Post
It was just a joke...why are you taking it personally? haha.

And it was in reference to how Apple news has been focusing on iPads/iPhones more than notebooks/desktops (the Macs). I never said anything about not supporting Macs.

Didn't Apple revise the MacBook not too far back?
Kristenn is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion