Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Feb 7, 2010, 03:35 AM   #1
nyuke
macrumors newbie

Iphone Water Damage...wont Turn On. Plz Help

Hi,

So today I was applying the invisible shield front and back covers. After I was done puting it on, I haad to adjust the front screen again and put solution again. After I finished putting it on, about half aan hour went by ancren would have this yellow fade of shadow on the corners like its the liquid solution from invisible shield that I assume went through the speaker because you have to use a card to remove solution under the front cover. Anyways, it was still working and booted up but then, it just stopped working and wouldnt boot up anymore. I tried manny times to boot it up and to charge, to plug into itunes and none of em worked and itunes didnt recognize it. The paper inside jackport is still white cuz no water went there. I used hair blower to blow out water. The screen has no more yellow water on the corners, but still wont work! I need advise as to what to do and if it will work again eventhough I tried to turn it on again couple times. Could that have shortened the circuits? PLease I need help as to what to do and if it will work again. I put it in a bag of raw rice and hoping if that will work.
nyuke is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2010, 05:25 PM   #2
dvdhsu
macrumors 6502a

Seriously.

I mean. Come on.
dvdhsu is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2010, 06:27 AM   #3
GregGebhardt
Banned

Putting it in a bag of rice could help but I suspect that it is fried. You should have turned it off instantly when you realized that water had penetrated the device.
GregGebhardt is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2010, 09:41 AM   #4
-aggie-
macrumors Demi-God

So many water damage stories from putting on the invisible shield.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 09:43 AM   #5
rdowns
macrumors Penryn

Quote:
Originally Posted by -aggie- View Post
So many water damage stories from putting on the invisible shield.
Really? I see it as so many people with no common sense.
rdowns is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting