Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Anthonydrums

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 8, 2010
Amsterdam
Hey guys,

I've been using iWeb a while now but i am very interested in purchasing the Mobileme package cause i bought a new Iphone. However... I am aware that in collaboration with this subscription you will have the option to place your website on this account. How exactly does that work. Will i be able to move my existing domain name to this Mobileme account? If so can somebody explain how?

Thanks in advance

Greets :apple:

Anthonydrums

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 8, 2010
Amsterdam
In iWeb you would just choose to publish to MobileMe, and I think it allows you to use your own domain name.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I already have this existing domain name with another provider can i just move this to my MobileMe Account?

Penguissimo

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2009
Michigan
Thanks for the quick reply.

I already have this existing domain name with another provider can i just move this to my MobileMe Account?

Yep! I have mine set up this way; I don't remember off the top of my head exactly what the process was, but MobileMe had a pretty thorough tutorial in the setup pane of the (browser, not System Preferences) configuration. If I recall correctly, you just tell MM what your domain name is, then create a CNAME record for MobileMe with your domain name provider. Apple holds your hand through the process pretty well, so it's hard to go wrong ;)

Anthonydrums

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 8, 2010
Amsterdam
Yep! I have mine set up this way; I don't remember off the top of my head exactly what the process was, but MobileMe had a pretty thorough tutorial in the setup pane of the (browser, not System Preferences) configuration. If I recall correctly, you just tell MM what your domain name is, then create a CNAME record for MobileMe with your domain name provider. Apple holds your hand through the process pretty well, so it's hard to go wrong ;)

Thanks!... I'm probably going to the store today...

IgnatiusTheKing

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2007
Texas
I know you said you've been using iWeb, but in case you ever decide to make your website more in-depth than what iWeb can offer you, know that you can't use PHP on MobileMe.

Anthonydrums

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 8, 2010
Amsterdam
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.