Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old Aug 28, 2004, 02:03 PM   #1
Natalia81
macrumors regular

iPod display ?

I just got a 4G 20gb iPod about a week ago. Today I was out in the sun for about 2 hrs...with my iPod, but it was in a bag. I now notice that the display has a lighter color around the border of it and everything in the middle is a bit darker. Now, I'm not sure if it was always like this and am just now noticing it, or if the heat had something to do with it.

Please tell me that they come like this...
Natalia81 is offline   0
Old Aug 28, 2004, 02:08 PM   #2
applemacdude
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to applemacdude Send a message via AIM to applemacdude Send a message via MSN to applemacdude Send a message via Yahoo to applemacdude Send a message via Skype™ to applemacdude
They do. Its another of the ipods "dirty secrets" anyways thats how all grayscale lcds act
applemacdude is offline   0
Old Aug 28, 2004, 10:43 PM   #3
Inkmonkey
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to Inkmonkey Send a message via MSN to Inkmonkey
I've just noticed a weird stripe up the middle of my new iPod's display. Just see it in certain light or when held at a certain angle. Almost looks like a straight rainbow without all of the colors.

Anyone else have this problem? Worthwhile returning it on warranty?
Inkmonkey is offline   0
Old Aug 29, 2004, 12:17 AM   #4
Stevp1
macrumors regular

I've seen similar things with my 3G. If it goes through extreme temperature shifts (AC room into hot outdoors, etc.), it gets all "rainbowey" for a while, but it settles down and goes back to normal. I have no lasting stripes or anything.
Old Aug 29, 2004, 06:14 PM   #5
StealthRider
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to StealthRider
I have "the stripe" too. It's only viewable at like a 170 degree angle, so i don't worry about it.
StealthRider is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers