iPod display ?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Natalia81, Aug 28, 2004.

1. macrumors regular

I just got a 4G 20gb iPod about a week ago. Today I was out in the sun for about 2 hrs...with my iPod, but it was in a bag. I now notice that the display has a lighter color around the border of it and everything in the middle is a bit darker. Now, I'm not sure if it was always like this and am just now noticing it, or if the heat had something to do with it.

Please tell me that they come like this...

2. macrumors 68040

applemacdude

They do. Its another of the ipods "dirty secrets" anyways thats how all grayscale lcds act

3. macrumors 6502

I've just noticed a weird stripe up the middle of my new iPod's display. Just see it in certain light or when held at a certain angle. Almost looks like a straight rainbow without all of the colors.

Anyone else have this problem? Worthwhile returning it on warranty?

4. macrumors regular

I've seen similar things with my 3G. If it goes through extreme temperature shifts (AC room into hot outdoors, etc.), it gets all "rainbowey" for a while, but it settles down and goes back to normal. I have no lasting stripes or anything.

5. macrumors 65816

StealthRider

I have "the stripe" too. It's only viewable at like a 170 degree angle, so i don't worry about it.