Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Picture Gallery

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Feb 22, 2010, 12:11 PM   #1
abijnk
macrumors 68040
 
abijnk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Send a message via AIM to abijnk
Picture of your car (2010)

Continuation of the 2009 thread: Picture of your car (2009)

I'll go ahead and kick off the new year with pictures of my new Flex!

I'm absolutely loving this thing...

(Click for larger)




__________________
Abbie
Twitter
Hockey Ramblings

Last edited by abijnk; Feb 22, 2010 at 02:10 PM. Reason: I can't type
abijnk is offline   0
Old Feb 22, 2010, 12:22 PM   #2
Peace
macrumors P6
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Space--The ONLY Frontier
I went from a 2000 Isuzu Trooper to my new Honda Civic and I love it.

Better gas mileage and lower emissions.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	oldtrooper.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	221.6 KB
ID:	215758   Click image for larger version

Name:	civic.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	206.1 KB
ID:	215759  
Peace is offline   0
Old Feb 22, 2010, 01:52 PM   #3
fun173
macrumors Demi-God
 
fun173's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
I love the Flex's, they are awesome looking. I cant drive yet but i want a 90's range rover when i can afford insurance.
__________________
Download the Bitcoin Guide Today!
fun173 is offline   0
Old Feb 22, 2010, 02:11 PM   #4
abijnk
Thread Starter
macrumors 68040
 
abijnk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Send a message via AIM to abijnk
Quote:
Originally Posted by fun173 View Post
I love the Flex's, they are awesome looking. I cant drive yet but i want a 90's range rover when i can afford insurance.
Let me fix that for you:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fun173
I love the Flex's, they are awesome looking. I cant drive yet but i want a 90's range rover when i can afford insurance, gas and the enormous amount of repairs and maintenance it costs to own an older Land Rover.
__________________
Abbie
Twitter
Hockey Ramblings
abijnk is offline   0
Old Feb 22, 2010, 02:16 PM   #5
skunk
macrumors Demi-God
 
skunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Republic of Ukistan
Quote:
Originally Posted by abijnk View Post
Let me fix that for you:
As the long-time owner of a 90s Range Rover (diesel, thank goodness) I can vouch for the expense. My comprehensive insurance, however, is a mere £230 a year, which is probably because I am 150 years old and have a 20-year No Claims Bonus...
__________________
"The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted the spoons." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
skunk is offline   0
Old Feb 22, 2010, 02:22 PM   #6
nullx86
macrumors 6502a
 
nullx86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Wilmington/Jacksonville, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by abijnk View Post
Continuation of the 2009 thread: Picture of your car (2009)

I'll go ahead and kick off the new year with pictures of my new Flex!

I'm absolutely loving this thing...

(Click for larger)




hows the Flex compared to a Scion xB?
__________________
12" iBook G4 1.07Ghz, 512MB, 40GB, 10.5.8
"He was probably just playing out some crazy anime fantasy. When life gives you lemons...horribly maim and murder someone" - Unspoken Demise
nullx86 is offline   0
Old Feb 22, 2010, 02:37 PM   #7
abijnk
Thread Starter
macrumors 68040
 
abijnk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Send a message via AIM to abijnk
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullx86 View Post
hows the Flex compared to a Scion xB?
I looked at possibly getting the xB over the Flex (drove the xB first), but in all honesty there is no comparison; they are alike only in shape.

The XB is a great smaller car with a decent amount of cargo space, but the Flex is much closer to a full-size SUV (without the height). The flex is much larger, with seating capacity for 7 vs. 5. For a more direct comparison, the amount of cargo space in the xB with the back seats up is about the same as the amount of cargo space in the Flex with all three rows up. The Flex also has a 3.5L V6 vs. the xB's 2.4L I4 (and the Flex needs the bigger engine purely on size).

Interior finish on the Flex is also much different than the xB. The xB feels very economical, while the Flex, while not luxury quality (at the base model), isn't made up of so much drab plastic (I know, amazing for an American car). This same step up carries over to ride quality and ride noise. The xB rides very well, but it is still a small car on a small car frame. The Flex, on the other hand, uses it's weight very well to handle bumps with grace, and the cabin is well isolated from road and wind noise (the xB is so-so on road noise).

Overall, they are just very different cars targeted at very different age groups and uses. The price split between the two is around $10k, and I promise you, the Flex is $10k more worth of car.
__________________
Abbie
Twitter
Hockey Ramblings
abijnk is offline   0
Old Feb 22, 2010, 03:14 PM   #8
kellen
macrumors 68020
 
kellen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Quote:
Originally Posted by fun173 View Post
I love the Flex's, they are awesome looking. I cant drive yet but i want a 90's range rover when i can afford insurance.
Expensive to own. Premium gas and getting 14 miles per gallon wasn't fun, nor was the 20 gallon tank. Always filling up.

Plus the electric leveling system going out is expensive.

Buy a jeep or something else if you want an affordable SUV.
__________________
Octo MP 2.8. 23" ACDs.
kellen is offline   0
Old Feb 22, 2010, 05:19 PM   #9
MacsRgr8
macrumors 604
 
MacsRgr8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: The Netherlands
BMW 123d Coupe

Got my über-lovely car in the summer of 09.
Brilliant little new BMW Coupe with 204 BHP. iPhone and iPod integration too!!

One pic just before I picked it up, and one in this year's snow (notice Apple logo..?)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	foto.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	215796   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3042.JPG
Views:	231
Size:	119.9 KB
ID:	215797  
__________________
Steve Jobs. 1955 - 2011. My Hero.
MacsRgr8 is offline   0
Old Feb 22, 2010, 06:11 PM   #10
coolwine
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: St.Paul MN
Here is my 2008 Scion tC!! First got her with 2 miles on her (tear tear), still running great and handles surprisingly well in the Minnesota snow fun.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	album pic.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	215803  
coolwine is offline   0
Old Feb 22, 2010, 06:18 PM   #11
phiberglass
macrumors 6502a
 
phiberglass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: South Orange County
Send a message via AIM to phiberglass











:shifty









__________________
MacBook Pro 2.53 Ghz 320gb HD 4GB RAM
AUSTINGRADE.COM | C&C PICTURES | FLICKR
phiberglass is offline   0
Old Feb 22, 2010, 06:28 PM   #12
macquariumguy
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Sarasota FL
Send a message via AIM to macquariumguy
About time!

Same car as last year.
macquariumguy is offline   0
Old Feb 22, 2010, 09:08 PM   #13
nospeed411
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: east coast
My Baby..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00260.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	500.6 KB
ID:	215827  
nospeed411 is offline   0
Old Feb 22, 2010, 09:28 PM   #14
reberto
macrumors 65816
 
reberto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by fun173 View Post
I love the Flex's, they are awesome looking. I cant drive yet but i want a 90's range rover when i can afford insurance.
Get a Discovery, a lot less problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellen View Post
Expensive to own. Premium gas and getting 14 miles per gallon wasn't fun, nor was the 20 gallon tank. Always filling up.

Plus the electric leveling system going out is expensive.

Buy a jeep or something else if you want an affordable SUV.
I can get 17 out of my Discovery if I drive with a light foot (same engine as the RRs he's looking at getting), and if I can live with a little less power I can use regular gas but the cost of filling it up with premium isn't much more than regular. The air suspension of the RRs is very problematic (hence me having a Discovery), but whatever you do don't get a Jeep. My stock Discovery vs any stock Jeep is a rather funny sight, it just slaughters Jeeps in every way.
reberto is offline   0
Old Feb 22, 2010, 09:29 PM   #15
pilotkid
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Chandler, AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolwine View Post
Here is my 2008 Scion tC!! First got her with 2 miles on her (tear tear), still running great and handles surprisingly well in the Minnesota snow fun.
I had a friend that owned one of those. In the picture below not one airbag went off.... Toyota/Scion quickly settled outside of court......
By the way, my friend was completely fine, he had a small scratch that looked like a paper cut.

__________________
21.5in iMac (Late 2012), Early 2014 MacBook Air i7, 8GB RAM, iPhone 5S 32GB, Nikon D610 W/24-85mm VR, Nikon 70-300mm, Canon Pixma Pro-100.

Last edited by pilotkid; Feb 22, 2010 at 09:55 PM.
pilotkid is offline   0
Old Feb 22, 2010, 09:33 PM   #16
nullx86
macrumors 6502a
 
nullx86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Wilmington/Jacksonville, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by abijnk View Post
I looked at possibly getting the xB over the Flex (drove the xB first), but in all honesty there is no comparison; they are alike only in shape.

The XB is a great smaller car with a decent amount of cargo space, but the Flex is much closer to a full-size SUV (without the height). The flex is much larger, with seating capacity for 7 vs. 5. For a more direct comparison, the amount of cargo space in the xB with the back seats up is about the same as the amount of cargo space in the Flex with all three rows up. The Flex also has a 3.5L V6 vs. the xB's 2.4L I4 (and the Flex needs the bigger engine purely on size).

Interior finish on the Flex is also much different than the xB. The xB feels very economical, while the Flex, while not luxury quality (at the base model), isn't made up of so much drab plastic (I know, amazing for an American car). This same step up carries over to ride quality and ride noise. The xB rides very well, but it is still a small car on a small car frame. The Flex, on the other hand, uses it's weight very well to handle bumps with grace, and the cabin is well isolated from road and wind noise (the xB is so-so on road noise).

Overall, they are just very different cars targeted at very different age groups and uses. The price split between the two is around $10k, and I promise you, the Flex is $10k more worth of car.
nice.. I've ridden in one and didnt like it as much as I did the xB. The 4spd auto xB I drove acted as if it was a V6. Picks up and goes. I'm eyeballing the 5spd right now. A decent car under 20k looks really good right about now

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotkid View Post
I had a friend that owned one of these. In the picture below not one airbag went off.... Toyota/Scion quickly settled outside of court......
By the way, my friend was completely fine, he had a small scratch that looked like a paper cut.
holy ****. Did that roll? Details of accident? And what year is that?
__________________
12" iBook G4 1.07Ghz, 512MB, 40GB, 10.5.8
"He was probably just playing out some crazy anime fantasy. When life gives you lemons...horribly maim and murder someone" - Unspoken Demise
nullx86 is offline   0
Old Feb 22, 2010, 09:37 PM   #17
Sweetfeld28
macrumors 65816
 
Sweetfeld28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Buckeye Country, O-H
Send a message via AIM to Sweetfeld28
My 05 tC. Originally when I bought it, it only had 4 miles on it. These pictures are after I purchased the 18" TRD wheels, and Springs. [My sig pic is also of my tC]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1243.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	215830   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1244.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	215831  
__________________
Laptop: 15" Unibody MacBook Pro [Penryn], 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 250 GB HD, nVidia 9400M
Desktop: Mac Pro [Harpertown] 2.8GHz Quad, 7GB RAM, 120 GT, 24" LED Cinema Display Mobile:iPhone
Sweetfeld28 is offline   0
Old Feb 22, 2010, 09:39 PM   #18
aristobrat
macrumors Demi-God
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Virginia Beach
I despise good gas mileage and quiet, smooth drives.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3038.png
Views:	122
Size:	998.2 KB
ID:	215832  
aristobrat is offline   0
Old Feb 22, 2010, 09:54 PM   #19
pilotkid
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Chandler, AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullx86 View Post
nice.. I've ridden in one and didnt like it as much as I did the xB. The 4spd auto xB I drove acted as if it was a V6. Picks up and goes. I'm eyeballing the 5spd right now. A decent car under 20k looks really good right about now



holy ****. Did that roll? Details of accident? And what year is that?
He was driving on the freeway and some idiot was in a hurry and swerving in and out of traffic and judged the space wrong and clipped his back bumper sending him sideways into a light pole. The guy sped off. I gave a detailed description of the car and the police somehow found the driver. Yes, I gave the description...I was following two cars behind. Scariest moment of my life. I helped my friend get out through the panorama roof and thats how he got scratched. Like I said above, other then being really shaken up he was fine.

It was a 2008 Scion TC
__________________
21.5in iMac (Late 2012), Early 2014 MacBook Air i7, 8GB RAM, iPhone 5S 32GB, Nikon D610 W/24-85mm VR, Nikon 70-300mm, Canon Pixma Pro-100.
pilotkid is offline   0
Old Feb 22, 2010, 10:00 PM   #20
cderalow
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: 1.8 Miles from Montgomery Mall Apple Store (Southern Maryland)
Quote:
Originally Posted by reberto View Post
Get a Discovery, a lot less problems.



I can get 17 out of my Discovery if I drive with a light foot (same engine as the RRs he's looking at getting), and if I can live with a little less power I can use regular gas but the cost of filling it up with premium isn't much more than regular. The air suspension of the RRs is very problematic (hence me having a Discovery), but whatever you do don't get a Jeep. My stock Discovery vs any stock Jeep is a rather funny sight, it just slaughters Jeeps in every way.
I just had a co-worker with a freelander than had horrendous issues 5 years/40k in with it's ignition system.

plus routine "preventative" maintenance costs are ridiculous for any land rover.

better off getting a MB or BMW for slightly more money, and you'd end up saving in the long run. particularly since new ones have free maintenance for the first few years, and land rover resale values are poor at best (his $30k 5 year old vehicle was worth less than $8k).

personally, I'd snag up a MDX or something Honda made and be happy with a nice resale value and not being the fastest thing out there.
__________________
27" Late 2012 iMac 2.9GHz Core i5, 8GB RAM, 1TB Fusion holy f@#* this thing is quick
iPhone 5 16GB iPad 2 64GB Wifi
cderalow is offline   0
Old Feb 22, 2010, 10:29 PM   #21
wowurrcool
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Picked her up in November after 2 long months waiting for her to be built
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01185.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	215851   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01196.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	215852   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01183.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	215853  

__________________
15" Macbook Pro i5| TV 160GB | 32G iPod touch | iPod Shuffle | Time Capsule | 24" LED ACD
wowurrcool is offline   0
Old Feb 22, 2010, 11:17 PM   #22
steve2112
macrumors 68040
 
steve2112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: East of Lyra, Northwest of Pegasus
Quote:
Originally Posted by macquariumguy View Post
About time!

Same car as last year.
I love the NSX. I have lusted after one since they were introduced. The everyday supercar.
__________________
He's wise enough to win the world, but fool enough to lose it.
steve2112 is offline   0
Old Feb 22, 2010, 11:21 PM   #23
nullx86
macrumors 6502a
 
nullx86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Wilmington/Jacksonville, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotkid View Post
He was driving on the freeway and some idiot was in a hurry and swerving in and out of traffic and judged the space wrong and clipped his back bumper sending him sideways into a light pole. The guy sped off. I gave a detailed description of the car and the police somehow found the driver. Yes, I gave the description...I was following two cars behind. Scariest moment of my life. I helped my friend get out through the panorama roof and thats how he got scratched. Like I said above, other then being really shaken up he was fine.

It was a 2008 Scion TC

wow, nice to hear that he is ok. I rolled a Honda Accord and it looked almost the same as the tC, minus the part of it being wrapped around a pole. Good thing they are safe cars. How did Scion/Toyota settle?
__________________
12" iBook G4 1.07Ghz, 512MB, 40GB, 10.5.8
"He was probably just playing out some crazy anime fantasy. When life gives you lemons...horribly maim and murder someone" - Unspoken Demise
nullx86 is offline   0
Old Feb 23, 2010, 01:06 AM   #24
thatguysmells
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pandora


It sucks. Can't wait to trade it in for a 2012 3 series BMW.
thatguysmells is offline   0
Old Feb 23, 2010, 05:22 AM   #25
pilotkid
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Chandler, AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullx86 View Post
wow, nice to hear that he is ok. I rolled a Honda Accord and it looked almost the same as the tC, minus the part of it being wrapped around a pole. Good thing they are safe cars. How did Scion/Toyota settle?
Cant talk about the details of the settlement. Lets just say that when he got a new car it was a lot nicer than a Scion.
__________________
21.5in iMac (Late 2012), Early 2014 MacBook Air i7, 8GB RAM, iPhone 5S 32GB, Nikon D610 W/24-85mm VR, Nikon 70-300mm, Canon Pixma Pro-100.
pilotkid is offline   0


Closed Thread
MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Picture Gallery

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Picture of your car (2014) RITZFit Picture Gallery 618 Yesterday 07:38 PM
OS X: Star Wars Empire at War - Picture-in-picture GFX Glitch swwack91 Mac and PC Games 7 May 15, 2014 07:04 AM
Picture of your car (2013) macquariumguy Picture Gallery 1135 Jan 6, 2014 06:35 PM
iMovie 'picture in picture' image size question shuffles Mac Basics and Help 6 Jan 18, 2013 11:48 AM
How to make multiple Picture-In-Picture with iMovie VinegarTasters Digital Video 7 Sep 2, 2012 11:33 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:24 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC