Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

YS2003

macrumors 68020
Dec 24, 2004
Finally I have arrived.....
About time! :)

Same car as last year.
P1010019.jpg
Still look as good as new. Have you repainted your car's front end and hood? Roads in America are littered with so many pebbles, rocks, debris, and what not and I had to put on a Xpel paint protector on the front end of my car when I was in East Coast a few years ago.

yetanotherdave

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2007
Bristol, England
Current car, it was cheap, and is doing me well, and I like it, drives well, bit under equipped though, and is pushing the years. Hopefully getting a new car soon if the stars align themselves properly...

0004fxc8

SpookTheHamster

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2004
London
Cant talk about the details of the settlement. Lets just say that when he got a new car it was a lot nicer than a Scion.

Why take them to court if there were no injuries?

It's obvious that there was a fault and that Toyota were wrong, but there was no consequence. They won't take it any more seriously than if you'd just informed them of the problem, even though they had to pay out about it. To them the amount they paid is probably not much of an issue.

HippyFreak

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2009
Halifax
My real better half

Wouldn't trade this for anything. Still has original paint and interior.

Attachments

• Fresh Clean Bucky 1.jpg
    Fresh Clean Bucky 1.jpg
    280.5 KB · Views: 173

macquariumguy

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2002
Sarasota FL
Still look as good as new. Have you repainted your car's front end and hood? Roads in America are littered with so many pebbles, rocks, debris, and what not and I had to put on a Xpel paint protector on the front end of my car when I was in East Coast a few years ago.
It had its share of rock chips, hard water spots, mystery scratches, etc. I had it completely repainted last year, after that picture was taken. It's shinier than ever now.

DSC_0690.jpg

DSC_0748.jpg

DSC_0797.jpg

And I still drive it to work every day.

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
Curious duke, why'd you give up the Kawi for the Suzuki?

Couple factors

1) Was moving to NY and needed the money
2) Kinda wanted a bike that had a little more umph. I liked it though.

However, imo, it's crazy to buy a 250r new these days. In 08, they msrp for 3500. Now its like 4300. At that point, may as well get a used bike

I got the 03 suzuki with only 2800 miles and power commander, fender elimiator, and a full yosh exhaust (not a slip on) for 3600. LOVE it, love the sound, love the look, love the color

I choose the sv over a 650r mainly due to it being around longer and has a cult following in terms of mods and what not. Both great companies though in my experience with them

I wear gear by the way...just didnt initially with the 250r lol. I was riding it before I had my liscene around teh neighborhood. Hated just looking at it!

RITZFit

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2007
Just around the river bend
It had its share of rock chips, hard water spots, mystery scratches, etc. I had it completely repainted last year, after that picture was taken. It's shinier than ever now.

And I still drive it to work every day.

Gotta love the NSX :D I rarely see any around here so I go nuts whenever I see one haha. I'm hoping to repaint my car soon too (bit of hail damage :( ).
Heres an older pic. Been beating the hell out of it since 05 and it still runs like a champ...still looking for an engine swap though :D

reberto

macrumors 65816
Jul 20, 2005
I just had a co-worker with a freelander than had horrendous issues 5 years/40k in with it's ignition system.

plus routine "preventative" maintenance costs are ridiculous for any land rover.

better off getting a MB or BMW for slightly more money, and you'd end up saving in the long run. particularly since new ones have free maintenance for the first few years, and land rover resale values are poor at best (his $30k 5 year old vehicle was worth less than $8k).

personally, I'd snag up a MDX or something Honda made and be happy with a nice resale value and not being the fastest thing out there.

All true Land Rover fans know that the Freelander is a joke. It was powered by a horribly made old MG/Rover engine that was used in the Freelander & Kia Sedona (where it was crap in both cars). If you want an offroader then you can not have a MB or BMW. If you want a true luxury offroader you have no choice but to get an LR3/LR4 or Range Rover.

kellen

macrumors 68020
Aug 11, 2006
Seattle, WA
Here is mine, 2000 Jeep Cherokee. Great vehicle, very reliable and I like the classic looks.
DSC01666_500.jpg

Here is what I just picked up for the GF. It will be our nicer vehicle. 2003 ES 300. Loaded with Nav, heated seats, some type of traction, rear sunshade, power pedals and xenons. Can't wait for it to get here, being trucked over. (not actual pic).
500152591_1_B.jpg

However once I graduate from PA school, looking at a mid 2000 3 series coupe, possibly M3. Maybe a A5/S5. Not sure but has to be a manual tranny and a coupe. I like my SUV's 4 door and my cars 2 door.

YS2003

macrumors 68020
Dec 24, 2004
Finally I have arrived.....
It had its share of rock chips, hard water spots, mystery scratches, etc. I had it completely repainted last year, after that picture was taken. It's shinier than ever now. And I still drive it to work every day.
How much did you spend on the paint job? Did you choose the same original factory color? How is the new paint holding up? My experiences tell me repaint is not as sturdy as the original factory paint (as it does through the machine painting).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.