Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

085848-ipad_preorder.png

TUAW reports that U.S. pre-orders for both Wi-Fi and 3G-capable iPads will go live on Apple's site at 5:30 AM Pacific Time / 8:30 AM Eastern Time tomorrow morning. Apple last week announced that pre-orders would begin on March 12th, but did not specify a time in that release.
We asked Apple PR to help you plan your day tomorrow, and they responded:

"Customers can pre-order online at apple.com at 5:30am Pacific time on Friday, March 12."
In addition to pre-orders, U.S. customers will also be able to reserve iPads for pickup at their local Apple retail stores once they become available, guaranteeing product availability and speeding the purchasing process.

While U.S. customers can pre-order any of Apple's six iPad models (three Wi-Fi and three Wi-Fi + 3G) beginning tomorrow, only the Wi-Fi models will be available on the launch date of Saturday, April 3rd. Customers purchasing Wi-Fi + 3G iPad models will need to wait until late April to receive their orders.

International orders for both Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi + 3G iPad lines in Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Spain, Switzerland and the UK will begin shipping in late April as well, although Apple has yet to announce a date that it will begin accepting pre-orders in those countries.

Article Link: U.S. iPad Pre-Orders Set to Begin at 5:30 AM Pacific Time Tomorrow

macrumors 603
Jan 8, 2009
Seems there is a lot to look forward to from Apple, Inc. with new rumors of Mac Pro's, possible MacBook Pro's, the iPad, and come June new iPhones. Looking forward to everything these is to come.

Gregintosh

macrumors 68000
Jan 29, 2008
Chicago
Time to fire up the alarm clock. Still not sure if its best to pre-order or reserve for pickup. Will it really be delivered on Saturday April 3rd if pre-ordered?

If not, I would rather pick it up. I will be out and about that day anyway due to Easter so I could easily drop by the Apple store and pick it up, rather than be held hostage all day waiting for the Fedex or UPS man.

Hmmm.. decisions, decisions.... What will you guys do?

Also, I wonder if Amazon will take pre-orders on the same day. If they do, maybe that will be a better route due to no sales tax.

Bruce Oksol

macrumors regular
Jan 27, 2009
Texas
Finally, the proof in the pudding...we will see the numbers. I plan to buy but want the fun of holding it first in the store. I will be getting the 3G model.

crazedbytheheat

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2003
I think I'm going to go with the cheapest version in case I want to upgrade for v 2.0. May get it for in store pickup, just for the experience. Home delivery is OK, but it would be pretty fun to be in the mix with all the other mac fans.

Sleazy E

macrumors 65816
Nov 24, 2009
Disneyland
Time to fire up the alarm clock. Still not sure if its best to pre-order or reserve for pickup. Will it really be delivered on Saturday April 3rd if pre-ordered?

If not, I would rather pick it up. I will be out and about that day anyway due to Easter so I could easily drop by the Apple store and pick it up, rather than be held hostage all day waiting for the Fedex or UPS man.

Hmmm.. decisions, decisions.... What will you guys do?

Also, I wonder if Amazon will take pre-orders on the same day. If they do, maybe that will be a better route due to no sales tax.

its not looking good in terms of being able to get them from other sources other then Apple store. I am really hoping I can pre-order through Best Buy or Amazon as well. I am going to pre-order it regardless even if I have to get it through the apple store. Definitely getting it delivered. I want to avoid the lines, i'm patient enough to wait for the Fed Ex truck :).

aduzik

macrumors member
Feb 7, 2008
Cue 100 posts from people who don't understand how timezones work.

What's especially tricky is I live in the US but work for a British company, so most of my colleagues are six hours ahead of me. Except after Sunday, when we go on DST and there will only be five hours difference until they go on Summer Time. I've gotten very good at adding and subtracting time zones.

So, yeah, 7:30 AM tomorrow morning gives me plenty of time to pre-order before leaving for work.

grumps

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2006
Brisbane, Australia
'International orders for both Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi + 3G iPad lines in Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Spain, Switzerland and the UK will begin shipping in late April as well, although Apple has yet to announce a date that it will begin accepting pre-orders in those countries...'

...nor even a price for that mattter!!!:(

BeyondtheTech

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2007
Rumor has it that Fake Steve is requesting all iPhone users to preorder over AT&T's 3G connection, therefore bringing down AT&T's network and Apple's servers, all in one swift stroke.

capitanbuzo

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2007
Ugh... Now I have to get up at 5:25am. I just hope I can get my order through in a timely manner so I can go back to sleep right away.

swarmster

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2004
So still no word on how to reserve your iPad for pick-up? Will you be able to do that online at 8am? Or do you have to call the store? Or go to the store in person?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.