Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Charliebird

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 10, 2010
Recently, I Boot Camped my new i5 27" iMac with Windows 7x64. I noticed the time in Win 7 was off by five hours. I corrected the time on Win 7 and then Snow Leopard was off by 5 hours. I set both O/S to autosync and time always shows up correctly in Win 7. In Snow Leopard when I first boot up the system the time is always off by 5 hours however it would correct itself via auto-sync. In Win 7 I've added the HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation\RealTimeIsUniversal registry key. I think it's fixed my issue except for last night where Win 7 was off by an hour. I think this was related to daylight savings because the time is correct again this morning. I know this issue has been covered before however I'm not sure what is the current preferred resolution. Any suggestions?

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
I think it's fixed my issue except for last night where Win 7 was off by an hour. I think this was related to daylight savings because the time is correct again this morning.

Yep, that'd be daylight saving causing trouble; the time here on MR was out by an hour for me yesterday too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.