Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

djearlybird

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 3, 2007
I finally upgraded to 3.1.3 last night so I could use the NCAA app for the tournament. My question is, does Winterboard not work for 3.1.3? None of my themes/dialers/five icon work. Is it something I am doing, or is it just not working on the latest firmware?:apple:

lokster

macrumors 6502
Feb 7, 2010
it does work, ive tested on iphone 3g and ipod touch 2g, both work

when you jailbreak use redsn0w and update cydia and download winterboard

scirica

macrumors 68020
May 13, 2008
Dallas, TX
I finally upgraded to 3.1.3 last night so I could use the NCAA app for the tournament. My question is, does Winterboard not work for 3.1.3? None of my themes/dialers/five icon work. Is it something I am doing, or is it just not working on the latest firmware?:apple:

Just curious why you upgraded all the way to 3.1.3? Hopefully not just for the tournament, which works great on 3.1.2 jb.

I've seen WB on 3.1.3 and it does work fine (as already confirmed here).

athacks

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2010
I found out today that winterboard works PERFECTLY on 3.1.3.

I dont know if it has been found out, but here are the steps I took:
Code:
#1 Update to 3.1.3 
(My device was an MC (iPod2,1_3.1.3_7E18_Restore.ipsw) !!!!!)

#2. Placed it on DFU mode

#3. Restore with Itunes
(iPod2,1_3.1.3_7E18_Restore(2).ipsw)

#4 Jailbreak with Spirit (Latest)

#5. RedSn0w (0.9.2) with firmware :
iPod2,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw
   (Yes I know its not the same, but it got my winterboard problem fixed after the next few steps)

Instrctions to follow on RedSN0w (0.9.2) :

When you open redsn0w (0.9.2), browse for the firmware version :

iPod2,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw

My device was an MC, so I selected yes on the pop-up window that appears. (I do not know or have another device that isnt MC to test if this works aswell)

Make sure install Cydia is selected

Plug the device to the PC, turn it off

Follow the on screen steps (after clicking next) to put your device into DFU Mode (FOLLOW IT PRECISELY !)

How to put a device in DFU mode :
Press and hold power for 3 seconds
Without letting go of the power press home and hold it along with the Power/Sleep button
Wait 7-8 Seconds and let go of the power button WHILE HOLDING DOWN "HOME" BUTTON !!!!

And wait till it detects and says "Waiting for Reboot" mine dint reboot at all, so I did the following step :

Code:
Press and hold Home + Power button for 10 Seconds, then let go of Power and keep holding home for about 3 seconds (EXACTLY !!!!) and then let go of home

When my device rebooted (I had already installed cydia of course and had WinterBoard install, forgot to mention that, all the themes I selected where perfectly working !!!!

Now, the following is optional, I only did it to make sure if would stay like it was ment to be. Follow the steps on how to use RedSn0w (my way tho) but this time, instead of installing Cydia, select Boot Thetered Mode, and do everything like mentioned above, and thats it !!!

My device worked perfectly !

Hope it helps someone !
-AtHacks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.