Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Mar 19, 2010, 07:40 PM   #1
PockieLoli :3
macrumors member

Export bookmarks from Google Chrome to Safari...

Is there a way to?

I know the PC version of GoogleChrome has an export tool but I can't seem to find one on the Mac beta version. :[
PockieLoli :3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2010, 07:38 AM   #2
sh0vel
macrumors member

The quickest way may be to get another browser import the bookmarks from chrome and export the bookmarks from that new browser. You can also sync the bookmarks to your gmail account and export from there.
sh0vel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2010, 08:21 PM   #3
macronecole
macrumors newbie

hello there. came across this post while trying to figure out how to "save" my Chrome bookmarks on my Mac so I can re-install the OS and have them handy again. I do have my Gmail acct. synced, and in Google Docs there is a folder on the side bar that says my bookmarks with all the subfolders I've created, but when I click on the folders, it says there are no contents.... any insight/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
macronecole is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2010, 08:24 PM   #4
JeffMonty
macrumors member

You need to go into the Bookmarks Manager and 'Export Bookmarks' is under Organize.
JeffMonty is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2011, 01:28 PM   #5
waynep
macrumors 6502

Look at Xmarks. It's a browser plugin that works on PC/Mac, Safari, Firefox, Chrome, etc and will sync bookmarks across all your browsers. I use to to sync bookmarks on 4 computers and something like 6 brower instances across those machines.
waynep is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2011, 08:25 AM   #6
keaide
macrumors regular

You can just export the Google Chrome bookmarks and then choose "File --> Import Bookmarks" from Safari. It will import all the bookmarks in a new folder, maintaining the original hierarchy.
keaide is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2011, 10:18 AM   #7
mmduluth
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynep View Post
Look at Xmarks. It's a browser plugin that works on PC/Mac, Safari, Firefox, Chrome, etc and will sync bookmarks across all your browsers. I use to to sync bookmarks on 4 computers and something like 6 brower instances across those machines.

+1 for this.

I switch between Chrome and Safari a lot and xmarks keeps my bookmarks synced in the background and I never have to think about them again because they are always the same in both browsers.
mmduluth is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 04:06 PM   #8
erz001
macrumors newbie

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynep View Post

XMARKS is brilliant thanks. it works across most platforms and browsers.
erz001 is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store