Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Old Mar 23, 2010, 02:17 PM   #1
Nopstnz8
macrumors member

Question Best Sound Driver for Windows 7

Hey guys I am looking to see if anyone knows a better sound driver for Windows 7? The quality of the one the system automatically installs sucks, so I'm looking for an alternative. I'm running 32-bit right now, but plan to wipe my 32-bit partition and do a clean install of 64-bit, so drivers for both systems would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 08:01 PM   #2
nigameash
macrumors 6502

What do you mean by better sound driver? Is there a problem with the sound?
nigameash is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2010, 01:22 AM   #3
Nopstnz8
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigameash View Post
What do you mean by better sound driver? Is there a problem with the sound?
Well obviously if I am posting this. The quality is very low end compared to how it sounds on OSX. I believe I am using the Cirrus Audio driver for Windows XP, but can't figure out how to upgrade it to something with higher quality. I tried using the ones from the Snow Leopard install disc, but am pretty sure I am doing something wrong installing it. If someone could help me with the procedure for this, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 02:00 AM   #4
vistadude
macrumors 65816

I don't think you're installing it wrong. It's just that the Apple drivers for windows are crippled, probably intentionally. Apple has no motivation to make the windows experience good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nopstnz8 View Post
Well obviously if I am posting this. The quality is very low end compared to how it sounds on OSX. I believe I am using the Cirrus Audio driver for Windows XP, but can't figure out how to upgrade it to something with higher quality. I tried using the ones from the Snow Leopard install disc, but am pretty sure I am doing something wrong installing it. If someone could help me with the procedure for this, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.
vistadude is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2010, 03:01 AM   #5
MorphingDragon
Banned

Send a message via Skype™ to MorphingDragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nopstnz8 View Post
You could try the generic HD drivers http://www.realtek.com.tw/
MorphingDragon is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac