Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Mar 31, 2010, 12:48 AM   #1
wrathofhawk
macrumors newbie

iPhone goes to apple logo, then shuts off

My jailbroken iPhone 3GS running on 3.1 was not responding to anything so I did the home button + power button reset, and it seems to be in this loop of turning on, staying on for about 40 seconds, then just shuts off. My computer won't detect it, I have tried SSH'ing so I can back up my stuff that way, because I haven't backed up since last October, which is not a good thing at all. I have heard of iRecovery but I'm not sure if it will put my phone in restore mode or not, I DO NOT want to restore my phone. Unless I really have to, but hopefully someone can elaborate for me exactly what iRecovery does, or if theres something else I can do.
wrathofhawk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2010, 05:38 AM   #2
-aggie-
macrumors Demi-God

Do you have a tethered jailbreak? Search on those terms to learn more about it, but all you need to do is start the jailbreak process and it'll boot up.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 05:43 PM   #3
wrathofhawk
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by -aggie- View Post
Do you have a tethered jailbreak? Search on those terms to learn more about it, but all you need to do is start the jailbreak process and it'll boot up.
I don't have the tethered jailbreak, it still shuts off when I plug it into my computer.
wrathofhawk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2010, 09:14 AM   #4
elianigris
macrumors newbie

solved?

i have the exact same problem, please, were you able to at least get it back to work (ever losing data)? i need it to start!!!!!! i need it to turn on and work
elianigris is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2010, 06:05 AM   #5
ajayvarma87
macrumors member

Please Help

Hey i have the same problem right now. i soft restored my phone by holding down the two buttons for 10 secs and now it shows the apple logo for about 30secs then switches off. when i plug it into wall it will restart then switch off. i can get into DFU mode but i dont want to do a software restore! i have not backed up my phone for months and i have phone numbers i need are there any tools out there that can force boot up a phone from say, DFU mode? restoring is not an option. Please help!
ajayvarma87 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting