Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Apr 6, 2010, 09:18 AM   #1
kernyboy
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Show Me Your Cases!!

I'm on the fence with what case to get! Show me yours! If you have a pic of your new iPad in a cool or unique case...post em!
kernyboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2010, 09:25 AM   #2
LePigeonBleu
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Chicago
Send a message via AIM to LePigeonBleu
Still waiting for mine (which comes Friday) but I purchased this:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/H0...co=MTY3ODQ5OTY



m
__________________
iMac MacBook Pro Retina iPhone 5 iPad mini
LePigeonBleu is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2010, 09:41 AM   #3
kernyboy
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
wow! This is awesome!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by LePigeonBleu View Post
Still waiting for mine (which comes Friday) but I purchased this:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/H0...co=MTY3ODQ5OTY



m
kernyboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2010, 09:44 AM   #4
Mitchrapp
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
That is nice and not too expensive either.
Mitchrapp is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2010, 10:08 AM   #5
kes601
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
I picked up a Netbook case at Best Buy that is the perfect fit and has a small pocket on the front that I can put the charger in:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Belkin+-...book&cp=1&lp=1
kes601 is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2010, 05:47 PM   #6
tfrees
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
I got this one, not here yet though

http://www.marware.com/products/iPad/Eco-Flip-for-iPad
tfrees is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2010, 06:52 PM   #7
chriszzz
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by LePigeonBleu View Post
Still waiting for mine (which comes Friday) but I purchased this:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/H0...co=MTY3ODQ5OTY



m
$60 for a neoprene sleeve? You've got to be kidding me.
chriszzz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2010, 06:58 PM   #8
hualon
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriszzz View Post
$60 for a neoprene sleeve? You've got to be kidding me.
But it's Lucky brand!!!
hualon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2010, 07:05 PM   #9
NYY FaN
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: New York
I bought the Belkin Grip Vue and I really like it. Its $50 so its not cheap but I think its the best case currently out for the ipad. It's clear so you can still see the device, the gel is hard enough to protect it very well but soft enough to be comfortable when holding it and it has a slight tacky feel for good grip. I use my netbook case to put it in when I'm going to travel and its a perfect fit, saved me another 50-60 bucks.




__________________
27" iMac (Late-2012) 3.4Ghz i7, 24GB Ram, GTX 680MX, 1TB Fusion Drive | Macbook Pro Retina 15" | iPad Air | iPhone 5S | Time Capsule | Apple TV
NYY FaN is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2010, 08:16 PM   #10
rleepremier
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
has anyone found a case that is compatible with the ipad dock?
rleepremier is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2010, 08:29 PM   #11
reybart
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: NYC
I laso bought the belkin grip vue but retuning it. It is so hard to remove when I want to use my iPad as a picture frame every night since it is not dockable.
reybart is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2010, 08:31 PM   #12
NYY FaN
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by reybart View Post
I laso bought the belkin grip vue but retuning it. It is so hard to remove when I want to use my iPad as a picture frame every night since it is not dockable.
yeah I didn't buy the dock and I'm fine with getting a stand and plugging it in with the wire.. but if it doesn't fit in the dock with this case then I doubt it will with any case, its pretty thin to begin with
__________________
27" iMac (Late-2012) 3.4Ghz i7, 24GB Ram, GTX 680MX, 1TB Fusion Drive | Macbook Pro Retina 15" | iPad Air | iPhone 5S | Time Capsule | Apple TV
NYY FaN is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2010, 08:53 PM   #13
Hammie
macrumors 65816
 
Hammie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Wash, DC Metro
I'm hoping the M-Edge Executive Jacket will be awesome.



My wife has the Executive Jacket for her Kindle and it is really a nice case for about $50. (I think she got it on Amazon for about $35).
Hammie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2010, 09:02 PM   #14
Surely
Guest
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfrees View Post
I got this one, not here yet though

http://www.marware.com/products/iPad/Eco-Flip-for-iPad
The Belkin Grip Vue looks really nice. I like how it opens at the top instead of at the side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYY FaN View Post
I bought the Belkin Grip Vue and I really like it. Its $50 so its not cheap but I think its the best case currently out for the ipad. It's clear so you can still see the device, the gel is hard enough to protect it very well but soft enough to be comfortable when holding it and it has a slight tacky feel for good grip. I use my netbook case to put it in when I'm going to travel and its a perfect fit, saved me another 50-60 bucks.
I like that it's clear, but I wonder if dust will somehow get in between the case and the iPad and then be visible. After a week or so, you should post back and let us know how it looks.....

The HP netbook sleeve is a good option as well. I saw them at Best Buy for $19.99.


So far, I've bought an incase Neoprene Sleeve for a 10.2" Netbook at Target. It was only $12.99... I guess it was on sale because I could have sworn the sign on the shelf said $29.99. The Apple Store is selling the practically the same thing (but with "iPad" on the packaging) for $40.

Surely is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2010, 09:04 PM   #15
iLiveUdie
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Case still hasnt arrived
__________________
BRAND NEW iPad FORUM: bestipadforum.com
Chat with other iPad owners!
iLiveUdie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2010, 09:05 PM   #16
mac jones
macrumors 68040
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by louhamilton View Post
I'm hoping the M-Edge Executive Jacket will be awesome.



My wife has the Executive Jacket for her Kindle and it is really a nice case for about $50. (I think she got it on Amazon for about $35).
I actually called them today for an ETA. I got the wrong person. They Just blew me off.

I figure three weeks on the outside.
mac jones is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2010, 09:10 PM   #17
jedolley
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by louhamilton View Post
I'm hoping the M-Edge Executive Jacket will be awesome.



My wife has the Executive Jacket for her Kindle and it is really a nice case for about $50. (I think she got it on Amazon for about $35).
When I was shopping for a Kindle case, I thought M-Edge cases were really nice looking with great color options and what appears to be top quality material, but wasn't sure about the corner ribbons. The iPad is much heavier than the Kindle and they are still using those ribbons on the corners. It just seems to me that wouldn't be secure and could stretch out over time if any sort of weight is applied.
jedolley is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2010, 09:11 PM   #18
bluehaze013
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
I ordered one like that belkin clear one but it is blue and was 16.99 there was a YouTube video of it looks pretty sweet. Hopefully it looks as good in person, will post some pics once it arrives.
bluehaze013 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2010, 09:11 PM   #19
alvse
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
I want the DODOcase...


www.dodocase.com

... but I would also like an iPad... hurry up with the Aussie pricing Apple!!!
__________________
flickr | www.alvse.com
alvse is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2010, 09:14 PM   #20
shakenmartini
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surely View Post
The Belkin Grip Vue looks really nice. I like how it opens at the top instead of at the side.



I like that it's clear, but I wonder if dust will somehow get in between the case and the iPad and then be visible. After a week or so, you should post back and let us know how it looks.....

The HP netbook sleeve is a good option as well. I saw them at Best Buy for $19.99.


So far, I've bought an incase Neoprene Sleeve for a 10.2" Netbook at Target. It was only $12.99... I guess it was on sale because I could have sworn the sign on the shelf said $29.99. The Apple Store is selling the practically the same thing (but with "iPad" on the packaging) for $40.

Yes, I know, I bought the $45 one from Apple and it actually doesn't fit because it is a netbook sleeve. Back to Apple this one goes!
shakenmartini is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2010, 09:19 PM   #21
ThePope43
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
I decided to get this Apple case, I liked it's "business-ish" look and I like how it says it's reinforced.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC...co=MTc0MjU1OTc
ThePope43 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2010, 09:26 PM   #22
mkw5053
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Baltimore
I too got the official apple case. I wasn't going to, but when I checked it out in the store it really impressed me. I know a lot of people don't like it, but I don't regret my decision at all; it looks really good in person and the tab to prop it up comes in handy all the time. It may not be the most protective, but I'm pretty protective of it myself anyway and it isn't as thick as other cases (one of my biggest pro's).
mkw5053 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2010, 09:29 PM   #23
T4R06
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
just the default case i have. i love the fact that the so called "sharp edges" is very genius design. why? just in case you drop it. it will protect the bezel!

i am not bothered at all, and they are not really sharp
T4R06 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2010, 09:31 PM   #24
mac jones
macrumors 68040
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedolley View Post
When I was shopping for a Kindle case, I thought M-Edge cases were really nice looking with great color options and what appears to be top quality material, but wasn't sure about the corner ribbons. The iPad is much heavier than the Kindle and they are still using those ribbons on the corners. It just seems to me that wouldn't be secure and could stretch out over time if any sort of weight is applied.
I use one everyday with the Kindle DX which is just a bit lighter but still hefty.

I don't think this will be an issue.

We shall see.

BTW, that DODOcase is pretty nice. 4 to 6 weeks though
mac jones is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2010, 09:36 PM   #25
Cyroceon
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkw5053 View Post
I too got the official apple case. I wasn't going to, but when I checked it out in the store it really impressed me. I know a lot of people don't like it, but I don't regret my decision at all; it looks really good in person and the tab to prop it up comes in handy all the time. It may not be the most protective, but I'm pretty protective of it myself anyway and it isn't as thick as other cases (one of my biggest pro's).
My response is almost word for word the same as this. I also have the Apple case and love it. I would get it and not look back.
__________________
CyRo
MC505LL/A MacBook Air 1.4Ghz, 4GB DDR3 Ram, 128GB SSD
iPad Air 16GB Black & Space Gray
iPhone 5 16GB Black & Slate
Cyroceon is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
why aren't iPhone cases that fully cover screen (like wallet cases) more popular? beethovengirl iPhone Accessories 17 May 31, 2014 09:44 PM
Are these cases genuine iPhone 5c cases? ionjohn iPhone 6 May 14, 2014 01:23 PM
Change "show item info" in Finder icon view to show size of folder instead of items? drought OS X Mavericks (10.9) 2 Jan 17, 2014 11:52 PM
Show me your iPhone 5 cases!!!! mixedup iPhone 11 Sep 22, 2012 11:06 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:06 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC