Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games

Old Apr 21, 2010, 08:34 PM   #1
Lixia
macrumors newbie

Send a message via MSN to Lixia
Mount & Blade: Warband

Anyone else play this amazing indie game? If so, how? I currently use Parrallels and it runs great. I wonder if I could get it to run flawlessly under wine/crossover and get better performance?

I should be buying windows7 soon to use in bootcamp on my new MBPi7 that should let me pump up the graphics/AI/battlesize some more

Let's discuss this amazing game
Lixia is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2010, 02:56 PM   #2
manofsnow7
macrumors newbie

hello

I sometimes play it on a pc but soon i will try in my MBP 15 in bootcamp.

From manofsnow7
manofsnow7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2010, 05:07 PM   #3
karsten
macrumors 6502a

i just picked it up can't wait to try it
karsten is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2011, 10:17 AM   #4
barankorkmaz
macrumors newbie

Playing Mount&Blade Warband in Dx9 mode. (Works perfect)

Hi everyone =)

I was looking for how can i open mount and blade warband in dx9 mode and finally i found it and did it.

(Note: I fix the mouse problem but this solution is not mine, i find it in the forums.)

1-You have to download crossover games application and install it.

2-Find mount and blade warband v1.127 SKIDROW patch.(You can find it on internet.)

3-First install the m&b warband, then install the patch.(Be careful, you must install m&b warband patch to the same bottle.)(Do not forget to crack.)

4-Everything is perfectly installed. Let's fix the mouse problem.(If you find you are unable to rotate the camera or turn your character during game.)

5-Go to the Programs menu in Crossover, then select Run Command.*

6-Type 'regedit' (minus the quotes) into the command box, and make sure that Use Bottle has the appropriate bottle selected.Press enter or run.

7- Navigate to*HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Wine/AppDefaults/

8- With AppDefaults selected, click Edit->New Key. Type 'mb_warband.exe' (again, without the quotes) and press enter. The key will appear under AppDefaults.

9-Now, with mb_warband.exe selected in the tree, once again select Edit->New Key. Call the key DirectInput and press enter.

10-With DirectInput selected, go to Edit->New String Value. Name it 'MouseWarpOverride' (without quotes) and press enter. Now right click it, and select 'Modify.'

11-An Edit String box will appear with the value name 'MouseWarpOverride'. In the blank Value Data box, enter 'force_edge' (without quotes). Click ok.

12-With these changes, you can now exit the Registry Editor and close the Run Command dialog. (Note: You may want to increase mouse sensivity little bit but not much, test it and you will find right sensivity level for you.)

Ok. Finally you can play mount&blade warband. As i said before it works perfectly. Enjoy it. (Note: Mouse solution is not belong to me i found it in internet.)
barankorkmaz is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games