Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps

Old Apr 28, 2010, 03:36 PM   #1
HXGuy
macrumors 68000

Can you use apps from two iTunes accounts on one iPad?

The WiFi iPad we bought on opening day is my wife's and I've been waiting for my 3G.

In the meantime, we have downloaded a few apps and a few eBooks (that she reads) on the iPad but it was all under my iTunes account.

If she now syncs the iPad to her comptuter, will she lose all the apps and ebooks or how does it work?
HXGuy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2010, 03:38 PM   #2
nando2323
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by HXGuy View Post
The WiFi iPad we bought on opening day is my wife's and I've been waiting for my 3G.

In the meantime, we have downloaded a few apps and a few eBooks (that she reads) on the iPad but it was all under my iTunes account.

If she now syncs the iPad to her comptuter, will she lose all the apps and ebooks or how does it work?
I'm pretty sure you can.
Website
nando2323 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2010, 03:40 PM   #3
Chupa Chupa
macrumors G3

Yes, but you have to update them from the account purchased with.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 07:43 AM   #4
Spyderturbo007
macrumors member

I'll be interested to see how this works too when I get my iPad. Currently, both my wife and I have iPhones, but use separate iTunes accounts. Since Apple allows you to use your purchased apps on all the devices in your house, I've been syncing some of my apps with my wife's phone.

The problem is that if she tries to update them on her phone using my password, it kicks it back and says invalid password, even though it shows my user name and I know the password is correct. So then I have to sync my phone, grab the .ipa file, dump it in her iTunes folder and sync her phone again. It's a big pain.
Spyderturbo007 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2010, 08:21 AM   #5
flyguy206
macrumors 6502a

No just make sure u have it set up manually sync music and movies and then u will have control over the iPad to use on the other computer. And on the iPad make sure she is under her account
flyguy206 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2010, 08:35 AM   #6
dread
macrumors 6502a

I found the best way to do this is to sign out of one iTunes account on your iPad and sign into the other and download the apps again that were on the other iPad. Once done sign back into the original account.
dread is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2010, 07:53 PM   #7
zukernik
macrumors regular

It won't delete the things you have already purchased but if you want to update apps you have to log in the account you used to buy them. I also use 2 accounts to sync my iPad and I had no problems so far.
zukernik is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps