Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

131836-early_ipad_3g.jpg

Engadget reports that despite Apple's plans for iPad Wi-Fi + 3G pre-orders to be delivered tomorrow in the U.S., at least one lucky customer has had their shipment slip through the cracks and be delivered a day early.

While no details on hidden differences between the 3G and Wi-Fi-only versions have been noted, the one image posted is clearly of a 3G-capable model as distinguished by the black plastic strip visible along the top edge (to allow for cellular signal access) and the status bar noting a connnection to AT&T's 3G network.

Article Link: First iPad Wi-Fi + 3G Arrives a Day Early

Tones2

macrumors 65816
Jan 8, 2009
WOW! :eek: A picture of something we've already seen a picture of a million times before, AND someone has one a DAY EARLY! :eek:

Really gripping news!! :rolleyes: :p

Tony

harodude

macrumors regular
May 7, 2007
Finally!

I would love to hear how this thing works with 3G service, lag wise... If it is a decent speed and interface on while connected only to 3G, I will be getting one very soon.

Kadin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2009
Must have fallen from the back of a UPS truck while the driver was leaving a local bar...

Tones2

macrumors 65816
Jan 8, 2009
Apple will probably dislike that this happened but who cares?

If they are shipping out tens if not hundreds of thousands of these things, they got to believe that SOMEONE is going to get it early. They don't control everything in the whole world, well yet.....

Tony

calderone

Cancelled
Aug 28, 2009
What! The person that got probably ordered after me and they get theirs a day early! Apple is the most ridiculous company ever!

/sarcasm

JDee

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2008
Ireland
Is it me or is the quantity of these "Oh, the person must have went to a bar and..." jokes getting ridiculously not funny.

Eddyisgreat

macrumors 601
Oct 24, 2007
Steve to Shipping Courier: "This is Steve. Lemme talk to your CEO."

CEO: "Hay Steve wuts up"

Steve: "You're done." <<click>>

harodude

macrumors regular
May 7, 2007
If they are shipping out tens if not hundreds of thousands of these things, they got to believe that SOMEONE is going to get it early. They don't control everything in the whole world, well yet.....

Tony

I live about 3 minutes walking distance from the Elk Grove branch. Not sure if they are shipping them out of that warehouse this time around, but EVERYTHING I order ground/overnight comes so quick.

Superdrive

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2003
Dallas, Tx
I like seeing the signal strength on the screen. It gives me the impression of continued connectivity. Just give it the features of the next iPhone (read: camera) and you'll have my money. Thanks.

phpmaven

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2009
San Clemente, CA USA
This is complete nonsense. Nobody got one early. It would take about 5 minutes to Photoshop something like this. It could even be an image from somebody at Apple.

Moleyman69

macrumors member
May 12, 2009
I call FAKE!!!!

Just look at the blurry photo / rubbish Photoshop'd reflection / your entry here

But the owner was really chuffed getting it early :-D

iOrlando

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
send SWAT stat.

no all seriousness, that UPS delivery center has some big trouble coming from higher-ups.

in this business, clear violation like this is usually not taken lightly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.