Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old May 2, 2010, 12:56 AM   #1
sammyman
macrumors 6502a

Downloading and unloading pictures from the iPad?

How can you download pictures on the iPad? I took a picture today on my iPhone, and was trying to figure out how to upload it onto a forum from my iPad... Then I realized that I don't know how to download and upload pictures while browsing my iPad. How do you do it?
sammyman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2010, 07:02 AM   #2
aleni
macrumors 68000

Use dropbox app on the iphone, upload the picture and then use good reader app on the ipad to get the picture from the dropbox account.

If u have mobileme, use that instead..

About uploading picture to forum, heck it won't work.. I don't know why..
Old May 2, 2010, 07:10 AM   #3
ParishYoung
macrumors 6502

There's numerous ways to achieve this goal, although I don't own an iPad so this list is in no way exhaustive. See if any of them work for you:

You can use the Camera Connection Kit here ($29.99):
http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC531?mco=MTc0MjU1ODU

You can use MobileMe gallery ($99 per year)

You can email the pics to yourself from your phone (although they are likely to be resized) ($free)

If you have a Mac you can use Preview to get the images off your phone, then iPhoto to catalogue them, then sync to iPad through iTunes ($free)

You could upload them to an online storage service like Flikr, then browse to them via Safari on the iPad, press and hold on the image and then "save image" ($free??)
ParishYoung is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2010, 07:24 AM   #4
Zazoh
macrumors 6502

This would also depend on what site you will be uploading to. Email is becoming more popular for getting images on a site.

Adding to the list of the above post. If on a Mac, image capture, comes with OS-X, can pull them off. Treats the iPad like a camera.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad