Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
Released this morning on Apple's website:
The industry-leading application for music creation and audio production dramatically broadens the capabilities of computer-based studio environments with Logic Pro 7. The first choice of many prominent musicians and producers, Logic Pro 7 provides the most comprehensive collection of music creation tools, all for $999.

Create your own music using an advanced spectrum of features and tools for computer based music production. Logic Express provides a step up from GarageBand for aspiring musicians, producers and composers without breaking the bank. With the same flexible layout as Logic Pro, you can dive deeper into the creation and manipulation of audio and MIDI, for just $299.

A collection of new Jam Packs for GarageBand were also made available today.

aricher

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2004
Chi-il
I guess this quashes the "ProBand," rumors. $999 is a bit pricey but for pros it's a comprehensive studio solution that's cheaper than most on the market.

Diatribe

macrumors 601
Jan 8, 2004
Back in the motherland
I think it's awesome that Apple switches to a over the year, whatever day of the week release schedule as opposed to releasing stuff on fixed days or dates. Lowers the anticipitaion a bit, albeit not much with us jumping every rumor. :D
But no rumors for this one... Apple did it again.

AmigoMac

macrumors 68020
Aug 5, 2003
l'Allemagne
Good for Audio pro users... nice seeing apple and mac in every area, still missing some points in Electrical engineering but I have time... I know it's no apple's fault, only those "idiots" who make my simulation program.... anyway... Good for the people who can enjoy a mac while doing music...

aricher

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2004
Chi-il
AmigoMac - not to get off topic here but what electrical eng. simulation program are you talking about?

M

må¥å

Audio = iTunes > GarageBand > LogicExpress > LogicPro

Video = DVDPlayer > iMovie > FinalCut Express > FinalCut Pro

Optical = DVDPlayer > iDVD > ? > DVDStudio Pro

Image = Preview > iPhoto > ? > Motion

Text = AppleWorks > Keynote > ?

Well it would seem we are still missing some application in this Apple trend. I say we will be seeing a DVDStudio Express, and some other applications. DVDStudio Express will give you greater control over DVD creation and formats than iDVD and not cost as much or have all the features of DVDStudio Pro.

There is my Rumour ;) :D

Brother Michael

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2004
They [Apple] are really cranking out some nice looking products. Now I just need to get some money to buy a them and a new Mac to run them! :D

Glad to see that they are still hard at work!

Mike

Trekkie

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2002
Wake Forest, NC
Maya - you beet me to it. I was thinking the exact same thing when I was reading through the thread.

I must admit I do like their thought process. The difference between FCE and FCP is stuff I'd never want to use at home, but it has somethings iMovie can't do from what I've read (still waiting on my iMac G5 with FCE installed so I can't comment on it yet)

pounce

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2004
i'll be ordering my upgrade later today. looking forward to it.

the integrated wave burner pro thing is also very nice. not nearly enough mention of that.

snej

macrumors member
Apr 15, 2003
Popkomm Keynote today

Diatribe said:
I think it's awesome that Apple switches to a over the year, whatever day of the week release schedule as opposed to releasing stuff on fixed days or dates.

Eddie Cue (Vice President Applications of Apple) did the Business Track keynote at the Popkomm conference that started in Berlin today. So today is a special music day, at least in Europe.

macridah

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2004
Nor-Cal
This software looks like it will make the pros happy. I'm still learning garage band ... i'm far from pro. Maybe someday.

uhfmfp

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2004
But where is WaveBurner!?!?!

må¥å said:

Well it would seem we are still missing some application in this Apple trend. I say we will be seeing a DVDStudio Express, and some other applications. DVDStudio Express will give you greater control over DVD creation and formats than iDVD and not cost as much or have all the features of DVDStudio Pro.

There is my Rumour ;) :D

Apple are still missing a VERY important tool for music users: a "red book" compliant CD authoring tool. In fact, there is no such tool in OS X that I'm aware of, so I'm still using Emagic's WaveBurner Pro in OS 9. Very frustrating. What's worse is that WaveBurner Pro had a big notice on it when I bought it well over a year ago that OS X support was in the works.

Argh!

WaveBurner Pro should really be brought to OS X to compliment DVD Studio Pro... pro products for audio and video.

Regardless, Logic 7 does look amazing.

macMaestro

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2003
må¥å said:

Dude, you have this seriously messed up.

Audio Production = GarageBand > Logic Express > Logic Pro

Audio Viewing = iTunes

Video Production = iMovie > Final Cut Express > Final Cut Pro

Video Viewing = Quicktime Player

DVD Production = iDVD > DVD Studio Pro (there's no middle gap as DVDSP addresses both the Pro and Prosumer markets)

DVD Viewing = DVD Player

Image Viewing = Preview (if you insist on including it) > iPhoto

Motion Graphics = Motion (what on earth does it have to do with images? by definition they don't move.)

Text = TextEdit > AppleWorks

Presentations = Keynote

jholzner

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2002
Champaign, IL
uhfmfp said:
Apple are still missing a VERY important tool for music users: a "red book" compliant CD authoring tool. In fact, there is no such tool in OS X that I'm aware of, so I'm still using Emagic's WaveBurner Pro in OS 9. Very frustrating. What's worse is that WaveBurner Pro had a big notice on it when I bought it well over a year ago that OS X support was in the works.

Argh!

WaveBurner Pro should really be brought to OS X to compliment DVD Studio Pro... pro products for audio and video.

Regardless, Logic 7 does look amazing.

From the press release:

Additionally, users can compile and burn CDs to the Red Book standard with WaveBurner, a stand alone mastering and CD burning application included with Logic Pro 7.

tranquility

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2004
WaveBurner is included

uhfmfp said:

WaveBurner -is- included in Logic pro 7!

It'll directly cut Redbook complient CDs.
They talk about it in the "Complete Music Studio" "features" section.

howard

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2002
ooo 1/2 price student discounts.

i wish they had more pictures!! i get annoyed at how apple advertises.

also, you need a G5 as the node to do distributed computing... wish you would work between 2 powerbooks

TopCatz

macrumors member
Aug 31, 2004
UK
Logic Audio/Big Box Upgrade?

It looks like a Logic Express 7 upgrade is only available to Logic Express 6 owners and not Logic Audio/Big Box owners, but you can upgrade to Logic Pro from Logic Gold/Platinum - which is really unfair!!!!
Anybody see an Audio upgrade?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.