Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hugodrax

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 15, 2007
Even on the Apple site it has 2-3 weeks before shipping. What the heck are those cases made out of? Unicorn leather?

Any idea why they are MIA.

Would I be able to find a decent case if I go to the Apple store, something book like?

diabolic

macrumors 68000
Jun 13, 2007
Austin, Texas
I ordered the Apple case online and was resigned to waiting another two weeks. I went by the Apple store this afternoon to pick up the VGA adapter and was surprised to see a few Apple cases and the camera connection kit. The got them in this morning and didn't have more than 5 or 10 out for sale.

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
Even on the Apple site it has 2-3 weeks before shipping. What the heck are those cases made out of? Unicorn leather?

Any idea why they are MIA.

Would I be able to find a decent case if I go to the Apple store, something book like?
unicorn leather... LOL

I think that Apple and other companies severely underestimated how many iPad owners would be interested in cases... in particular, folio cases.

Advil

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2008
i walked into the Fort Worth apple store (which was packed btw) yesterday and walked right over to the cases and there was a whole shelf full. Was in and out with one in less than 5 minutes.

Dillenger

macrumors 6502a
Mar 23, 2006
Central, Illinois
There are plenty of them on eBay if you want to pay upwards of $75.00 PLUS SHIPPING :mad: for one. I too am waiting for my back-ordered case to arrive from Apple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.